cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7700k 4.2Ghz - Z270E overclock profile 5Ghz and EZ Tuning Wizard

spooks
Level 7
Hi need help overclocking my Z270E Mb fitted with a i7700k 4.2Ghz both EZ tuning wizard and one 5Ghz profile in Bios freeze or crash . the EZ tuning makes all the adjustments up 17% but soon after loading windows 10 it crash`s and the one click 5Ghz profile wont load up freezes at the Asus loading page if you leave it to run it justs loops again . i thought it was click and it adjusts everything for you any ideas ?

RASUS® ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING: LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GB,
Processor Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700k (4.2GHz) 8MB Cache
Memory (part number) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz
Graphics Card #1 Palit 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080
Graphics Card #2

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO
Monitor panasonic 4k tv
Storage #1
samsung 850 evo ssd 500GB
Storage #2
500GB WD 3.5" HDD, SATA III
CPU Cooler
Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
57 REPLIES 57

Nate152
Hi Spooks,

While the one click OC profile is convenient, it's hit or miss and in your case it seems to be miss.

Do the overclocking manually in the bios, if you need a hand I can guide you.

What are you using for a stress test and cpu temp, voltage monitoring ?

Hi thanks
I use the corsair link to check the temperatures and the CPU-Z to benchmark and stress test after overclocking .i’s followed the Asus online overclocking video’s and copied them as best I can without luck and other videos online .as I’m new to all this and don’t know my way around overclocking and all the settings in Bios its very confusing .even in default running at 4.5Ghz it works but it runs hot playing BF1 the temperature is in the 90`s and above so I adjust the process power % in windows

Nate152
Yeah the 7700k does run hot but 90c is too hot for default settings playing a game.

Try this:

1) Reset the bios to defaults (F5)
2) Set the AI Overclock Tuner to Manual
3) Set the CPU Core Ratio to Sync All Cores
4) Set the CPU Core Ratio Limit to 48
5) Set the CPU Core/Cache Voltage to 1.30v.
6) In DiGi+ set LLC to Level 6.

F10 and Enter to save and exit, run a test to see it's stable and report temps.

Here is my delidded 7700k overclock. I use HWinfo, it monitors pretty much everything. I have the cpu speed, voltage and temps circled in red.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

tried it still no good loads up ok but as soon as i run BF1 the temperature go`s up then it freezes

Nate152
Temps still hitting 90c ?

Ok, next I suspect your cooler.

Is the H100i installed correctly, fans and pump working ?

You could try remounting the water block, did you apply your own thermal paste and how much did you use ?

Your temps are about 15c - 20c above normal.

Can you install Hwinfo and post me a screen shot ?

fans and pump all working got them set on full and the PC was made to order about 4-5 months ago dont know what thermal paste they used . even in default the temperature go`s from 70`s in windows desktop in BF1 up to 80`s and 90`s so i lower the power in windows to 98-99% which takes it from 4.5Ghz down to 4.1-4.2Ghz cant see changing the thermal paste lowering the temperature by 15-20c

Nate152
Yeah reapplying the thermal compound won't help.

I 'm wondering if it could maybe be a false reading, have you installed Hwinfo? I'd like to see what it shows.

There's something going on somewhere, let's see if we can find it.

i`v got HWiNFO64 no idea what to do with it or how to read the report what do i have to do so you can look at it

Nate152
Open Hwinfo and near the top left click sensors, this will bring up the readings.

At the bottom left, click the blue arrows to the left 3 times, you should have the full list of readings like in my screen shot.

Expand it to full screen and hit the prnt scrn key.

Open paint and click paste, then at the top left click the little purple floppy disc, name it and click save. It should now show in your pictures.

To upload it here on the forum:

In the reply box, click the little square picture that says Insert image.

Click - From computer, Choose File, (which is in your pictures) click the picture and click open.

Then under Choose File, click Upload File(s)

We should see your screen shot. 🙂