cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios with new agesa 1.1.0.1

alonor
Level 7
Does anyone know when will the new BIOS come out? on msi already came out, they say the improvements are just a bunch, as in its time it was on agesa 1.0.0.6
12 REPLIES 12

BlackBishop
Level 8
It is not new. Asus released it in late December (BIOS 3101).
Now we have AGESA pinnaclePI-1.0.0.0a in latest BIOS.

jbasemoine
Level 9
They renamad the bioses, dunno whay but as far is i understand deu to the new Ryzen lineup the changed the Ages names isntead of 1.0.0.7 they changed it to 1.0.0.0a... for some reason so 1.0.0.0a does contaitn Agesa 1.0.0.6 and 1.0.0.7 !

From what PCPer says, MSI is the only manufacturer right now that is updating their motherboards with AGESA 1.1.0.1 and offering support for second generation Ryzen CPU's. It is probably a good thing for most for Asus to not do this considering how much of a clusterf*ck the Crosshair VI boards are.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
From what PCPer says, MSI is the only manufacturer right now that is updating their motherboards with AGESA 1.1.0.1 and offering support for second generation Ryzen CPU's. It is probably a good thing for most for Asus to not do this considering how much of a clusterf*ck the Crosshair VI boards are.

PCPer are not a credible source. The latest spat with ADOREDtv just shows them for what they really are.

Agesa 1.1.0.0 was released in December for the CH6. When Elmor was asked about 1.1.01, his reply was they were working with the next release after that.

Revision 3501 was the first release across all platforms for agesa 1.0.0.0a, which is the official agesa release that supports the new chip releases. If MSI is only using agesa 1.1.0.1, then you have to ask why they are shipping out of date revisions.

The "cluster****" of the CH 6 is prevalant across all AM4 boards. This is partly down to a release of a new platform, and partly down to how AMD released Ryzen. The CH 6 is still the better board to go to for those who want the best OCs. Bios revision 3502 is showing to be the most stable release to date for clocks 3200.

syldon wrote:
PCPer are not a credible source. The latest spat with ADOREDtv just shows them for what they really are.

Agesa 1.1.0.0 was released in December for the CH6. When Elmor was asked about 1.1.01, his reply was they were working with the next release after that.

Revision 3501 was the first release across all platforms for agesa 1.0.0.0a, which is the official agesa release that supports the new chip releases. If MSI is only using agesa 1.1.0.1, then you have to ask why they are shipping out of date revisions.

The "cluster****" of the CH 6 is prevalant across all AM4 boards. This is partly down to a release of a new platform, and partly down to how AMD released Ryzen. The CH 6 is still the better board to go to for those who want the best OCs. Bios revision 3502 is showing to be the most stable release to date for clocks 3200.

I have no clue who or what ADOREDtv is but just because one thing on the internet has a spat with another, doesn't mean one isn't credible. Has Asus officially stated our boards will be compatible with the next generation of Ryzen CPU's? If so, I haven't seen it. WOW! 3,200MHz... Gigabyte's AX370 K7 can potentially do up to 3,600MHz so basically, Asus is barely hitting the average while taking forever to provide stability along with BIOS's that are functioning without lots of bugs. The 3502 still has a lot of issues!
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
I have no clue who or what ADOREDtv is but just because one thing on the internet has a spat with another, doesn't mean one isn't credible. Has Asus officially stated our boards will be compatible with the next generation of Ryzen CPU's? If so, I haven't seen it. WOW! 3,200MHz... Gigabyte's AX370 K7 can potentially do up to 3,600MHz so basically, Asus is barely hitting the average while taking forever to provide stability along with BIOS's that are functioning without lots of bugs. The 3502 still has a lot of issues!

And do you have anything to substantiate that 3600 claim with stability. I could run 3600 myself, but it was not stable. This was 7 month ago - post here.

I would love to see an actual stable 3600 on any board.

BTW Elmor's post referring to 3501 is here.
New beta BIOS 3501

-
Update to latest AGESA with support for 2nd gen Ryzen processors
. Version number is reset, this release is 1.0.0.0a.
- Supports additional DRAM ratios which might help you get closer to your max DRAM frequency without using reference clock. New ratios: 2733, 2866, 3000, 3133, 3266, 3400, 3533, 3666, 3800, 3933, 4066, 4133, 4200.
- Still has the S3 resume TSC frequency bug. Enable HPET or don't use sleep mode for now.

syldon wrote:
And do you have anything to substantiate that 3600 claim with stability. I could run 3600 myself, but it was not stable. This was 7 month ago - post here.

I would love to see an actual stable 3600 on any board.

BTW Elmor's post referring to 3501 is here.

Not personally, no, but at least they mention it as an extreme overclock frequency on their motherboard page. Asus pretty much gives up at 3,200MHz. Ahhh. That 3,366 page thread... That damn thread is so full of problems with these boards, the page count is exceeding possible stable RAM speeds on the motherboards it is about. It is nice to see that Asus is going to support second gen processors on these boards though.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
Not personally, no, but at least they mention it as an extreme overclock frequency on their motherboard page. Asus pretty much gives up at 3,200MHz. Ahhh. That 3,366 page thread... That damn thread is so full of problems with these boards, the page count is exceeding possible stable RAM speeds on the motherboards it is about. It is nice to see that Asus is going to support second gen processors on these boards though.

You talk a huge amount with absolutely no substantiation. Lots of posts with hugely defamatory claims, and not a single source to back it up.

I chose my words very carefully. I said the most stable it has been up to 3200, because most AM4 are struggling with Hynix. Agesa 1.0.0.0a gives the best returns from any board for Hynix. There are lot more 3466 settings listed in that post, which ofc you have read.

The reason that the post is so busy is, because CH6 is the most favoured board by OCers for the AM4 platform.

You obviously have had a bad experience with the CH6. I am sorry no one could help you. But then it does take a little bit of intelligence to apply an OC. And frankly you are showing none.

I wont reply anymore to this BS. I think the point has been made.

syldon wrote:
You talk a huge amount with absolutely no substantiation. Lots of posts with hugely defamatory claims, and not a single source to back it up.

I chose my words very carefully. I said the most stable it has been up to 3200, because most AM4 are struggling with Hynix. Agesa 1.0.0.0a gives the best returns from any board for Hynix. There are lot more 3466 settings listed in that post, which ofc you have read.

The reason that the post is so busy is, because CH6 is the most favoured board by OCers for the AM4 platform.

You obviously have had a bad experience with the CH6. I am sorry no one could help you. But then it does take a little bit of intelligence to apply an OC. And frankly you are showing none.

I wont reply anymore to this BS. I think the point has been made.

Says the person with the insulting remark! What do I need to prove? Ownership of the board? Pictures? What?! I have posted settings and such I have tried and my experiences with various BIOS revisions and I can honestly say, I haven't had great experiences close to those from 9945 or 1602. I am glad your setup is running fine for you but days of stability testing and the system running fine to have it just refuse to boot at anything over 3,200MHz for the RAM after being solid and stress tested for days just sucks! Am I a bitter customer. Absolutely! Would I insult someone's intelligence if I was in the position of having a good experience where someone wasn't. Absolutely not! Your character speaks for itself!
Syaoran