cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphamax build

Chimppen
Level 7
Hello!

Im back with another build, this time a bit smaller one and a bit smaller buildlog then my last project.
Here is a link to my previous project: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90376-The-B-2-stealth-pc-desk/page2

I've done some smaller projects in between but this is my latest which i wanted to share with you guys.

The case I'm using is a Thermaltake Core P5 TG edition. I wanted to use this case because of the included vertical gpu mount and extension cable. Sadly the extension cable did not work properly and i ended up mounting the gpu directly to the mobo.

Here is a list of the components used in this build:
Mobo: Asus maximus Hero X Z370
CPU: Intel i7-8700k
GPU: Evga gtx 1070 SC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance lpx 3000mhz 4x4gb (16gb)
PSU: Evga supernova G3 750w
STORAGE: 1xSamsung evo 960 250gb m.2 ssd
2xSamsung 850 Evo 250gb ssd
1xAdata 250gb ssd
1x750gb SATA HD 7200rpm

And for cooling i will be using the following:
1x480mm Alphacool NexXxos XT45
1x240mm Alphacool NexXxos XT45
1xAlphacool VPP755 pump
1xAlphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi reservoir
1xAlphacool Eisblock XPX CPU
1xAlphacool NexXxoS GPX incl. backplate

I modified the case a bit to fit one more radiator. What i ended up doing was to make an acrylic plate/holder for the 480mm radiator so i could mount it facing the front of the case, that gave me room to mount the res and pump where the 480mm radiator was supposed to be mounted. For the 240 mm radiator i made i plate out o aluminium to fit it above the psu which turned out to work like a charm. I'm very pleased with the performance of the pc and this way the Thermaltake case became much more usefull when wanting to cool both gpu and the insanely hot i7 8700k.

I want to give a big shout to Alphacool and aquatuning.com for making the cooling and the build possible! You are awesome and so are you hardware, so thank you!

Hope you all like it and if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask i wíll try to answer if I can 🙂

CHEERS!
0 REPLIES 0