cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL552VW battery is not charging - 0% loading status and blinking indicator issue

Intelovski
Level 7
Hi,
More than a year ago I bought a brand new Asus ROG GL552VW laptop.
Actually, I didn't use it too much because I mainly worked on another computer, so the GL552VW is in a mint condition. About a week ago, while attempting to charge the battery I found out that the battery in my GL552VW is not charging at all.
When I mount the battery and plug the charger to the computer while turned off, the battery indicator has a steady orange light (normal), but after around 3 hours of "charging" it starts to blink orange. I remember that when everything was OK, after this time it turned green which indicated the 'fully-loaded' battery status.
When I run Windows, right after the system starts up, the battery status icon on the taskbar shows "loading" (animation of line rising from the bottom to the top), but after no more than 10 seconds it freezes on the bottom level and remains like this. Weird thing is, that the Asus charger quietly buzzes when it's plugged to the power strip and to the laptop when the laptop is turned off, but as soon as I turn the laptop on, the buzzing disappears, it doesn't matter if the battery is inside or not. I don't know if these two things are connected, but I'm just saying...
Anyway, after multiple attempts the battery is not loaded at all, so when I pull out the power cord, the computer shuts down even though the battery is inside.
I don't know what to do... any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Bourak
Level 7
This might help. Try to upgrade your bios

Yeah, but the computer is nearly unused and when I used it for a while, shortly after buying it, the battery was charging fine.
I did a BIOS reset etc. I don't really think it's a BIOS issue.
Here I must point out, that the battery was not fully discharged when I packed the laptop in the box and stopped using it for about 10 months. Could this be the reason? Is the nearly-mint battery dead?
Should I start searching for a new battery, or is there any "trick" that could help here?
I've heard something about some key combinations, or 'holding the power button' kinda tricks, but don't really know how exactly should it be done on this model.

...and what about the AC Adapter? Could it be responsible for the battery being at 0% and not charging, or will I need a new battery anyway?
The problem is that in my country it is currently hard to find a new unused one. The actual battery model is ASUS A41N1424 for GL552VW.
I hoped yall know some tricks that could 'restore life' in my original battery.