Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    did i make my a mistake with gl702vs due to overheating?

    i bought the asus gl702vs the 75 panel one with 12gb ram for 1300$ and its coming tuesday. the 1070 gpu got my eyes witb that price. but agter i bought it i heard this laptop temps are out of control. is that true? does it get that hot?

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    No u did not make a mistake. It can be easily be managed and kept around 75--80.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    how can i keep it that way to be managed 75-80?

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    calle rabaya

    Well
    First thing is to set the cpu power state to 99% ( from the power options), 2nd thing is to undervolt the cpu ( Start with -100mv and keep going lower up to -150mv till you reach the perfect spot), undervolt the gpu, Crank up the fans to 100%

    If you are not using an external monitor i would suggest you limit the FPS in games to your monitors hz, in my case its 120hz so i limit the fps to 130.

    these steps are enough to keep your laptop cool, there are some extra stuff like using a cooling pad and the best one is to drill some vent holes in the back cover

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)
    Korth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    152
    Posts
    2,719

    Laptop cooling pads might be inglorious and kinda ghetto, not the usual sort of glamorous gamer bling and swag and brag.

    But they are very efficient at helping a laptop cool itself when it's running heavy sustained load.
    Moving more heat away from the machine means trapping less heat inside the machine.
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

    [/Korth]

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Marainau website

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourak View Post
    Well
    First thing is to set the cpu power state to 99% ( from the power options), 2nd thing is to undervolt the cpu ( Start with -100mv and keep going lower up to -150mv till you reach the perfect spot), undervolt the gpu, Crank up the fans to 100%

    If you are not using an external monitor i would suggest you limit the FPS in games to your monitors hz, in my case its 120hz so i limit the fps to 130.

    these steps are enough to keep your laptop cool, there are some extra stuff like using a cooling pad and the best one is to drill some vent holes in the back cover
    I hope i didn't make a mistake buying this laptop. i wanna really thank you for replying to my topic i appreciate it a lot. since when i usually ask for help nobody usually reply to my topics on other websites so i decided to give asus rog forum a shot and i wasn't wrong. I am going to receive the laptop tomorrow afternoon. i hope those reviews are not as real as it sounds on the cooling side. i heard horror stories about people buying this laptop and get their cpu temp to 91c!!! and then throttle. hopefully we won't get to this level.

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    Laptop cooling pads might be inglorious and kinda ghetto, not the usual sort of glamorous gamer bling and swag and brag.

    But they are very efficient at helping a laptop cool itself when it's running heavy sustained load.
    Moving more heat away from the machine means trapping less heat inside the machine.
    That's true. i used to use cooling pads on my old laptops before and they work great they have their good moments. i already bought one for my new laptop that im going to receive tomorrow.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by chuchu12345 View Post
    I hope i didn't make a mistake buying this laptop. i wanna really thank you for replying to my topic i appreciate it a lot. since when i usually ask for help nobody usually reply to my topics on other websites so i decided to give asus rog forum a shot and i wasn't wrong. I am going to receive the laptop tomorrow afternoon. i hope those reviews are not as real as it sounds on the cooling side. i heard horror stories about people buying this laptop and get their cpu temp to 91c!!! and then throttle. hopefully we won't get to this level.
    You will reach 91c on stock, but once you undervolt both cpu and gpu and make the cpu state to 99%, you wont hit 80 or higher again

    My laptop runs overwatch on high settings and the MAX it hits 70 gpu and 75 cpu.
    i undervolted my cpu -110mv
    gpu undervolted
    cpu 99%
    and drilled some very small holes in the back cover for vent

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    48

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourak View Post
    You will reach 91c on stock, but once you undervolt both cpu and gpu and make the cpu state to 99%, you wont hit 80 or higher again

    My laptop runs overwatch on high settings and the MAX it hits 70 gpu and 75 cpu.
    i undervolted my cpu -110mv
    gpu undervolted
    cpu 99%
    and drilled some very small holes in the back cover for vent
    try shadow warrior 2 and see the temps on max
    Last edited by thebiggboss180; 02-13-2018 at 07:07 AM.

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array chappmaster PC Specs
    chappmaster PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JL
    MotherboardAsus
    Processori7-4720HQ
    Memory (part number)M471B1G73DB0-YK0
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 965M
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorLG Display LP173WF
    Storage #1PNY CS1311 480GB SSD
    Storage #2HGST HTS541010A9E680
    CPU Coolerstock
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    OS Windows 10 home
    Network RouterApple extreme

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourak View Post
    Well
    First thing is to set the cpu power state to 99% ( from the power options), 2nd thing is to undervolt the cpu ( Start with -100mv and keep going lower up to -150mv till you reach the perfect spot), undervolt the gpu, Crank up the fans to 100%

    If you are not using an external monitor i would suggest you limit the FPS in games to your monitors hz, in my case its 120hz so i limit the fps to 130.

    these steps are enough to keep your laptop cool, there are some extra stuff like using a cooling pad and the best one is to drill some vent holes in the back cover
    does anyone have a video or pic guide of how to undervolt the gpu i mean people say in text how to do it but no one really shows it in pics or videos can anyone help with this im on Gl702Vs as well 75hz lets see those pics or videos of how to undervolt the gpu thxs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •