cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours incorrect on GPU?

Tical84
Level 7
Hi,

I have a STRIX GTX 1070 that I decided to change the colours on for the Olympics, because why not? I typically don't use the RGB at all so the first thing I did was download the latest software which apparently is 1.05.28. I notice you can type in RGB values now so I Googled the official red for Canada and it's 235,45,55. I type that in, hit apply and.......it's purple. Maybe a magenta, if you will.

I messed around with the values making it full Red (255,0,0), it looks red. I added a splash of G to 45 and it's extremely orange. More than it should be. Set B to 55 and it's magenta.

Anyone encounter this and/or know of a solution? I un and reinstalled the software.

Thanks

This is the colour it should be, but This is the colour it is.
9 REPLIES 9

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The intensity of the lighting may be turned up too high, try turning the brightness down until it becomes closer to what you see on the monitor.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The intensity of the lighting may be turned up too high, try turning the brightness down until it becomes closer to what you see on the monitor.

By intensity do you mean brightness? I have Saturation, Brightness, then the RGB values. If I change saturation or brightness it changes the RGB values automatically. I did end up making up numbers until it looked close enough.

namoi wrote:
OP means the Aura led of its gpu, not the display 😛

True.

Korth
Level 14
I'm guessing you changed RGB values through the NVIDIA software controls ... isn't there some kind of "Reset" or "Default" button?

Your monitor may need a while (say, 20~30 minutes) to fully "warm up" before it displays colours properly.

Just to not miss the obvious - is your GPU card properly seated and both ends of your video signal connector properly secured?

You can google color calibration, video color calibration, monitor color calibration, etc. There's ways to change color sets in the drivers, registry data, WinOS controls, intermediate software layers, and the display (OSD) itself ... so even if you did somehow permanently "break" or "misconfigure" something, there's still another half-dozen different ways to adjust/correct the colors you see.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I'm guessing you changed RGB values through the NVIDIA software controls ... isn't there some kind of "Reset" or "Default" button?

Your monitor may need a while (say, 20~30 minutes) to fully "warm up" before it displays colours properly.

Just to not miss the obvious - is your GPU card properly seated and both ends of your video signal connector properly secured?

You can google color calibration, video color calibration, monitor color calibration, etc. There's ways to change color sets in the drivers, registry data, WinOS controls, intermediate software layers, and the display (OSD) itself ... so even if you did somehow permanently "break" or "misconfigure" something, there's still another half-dozen different ways to adjust/correct the colors you see.
OP means the Aura led of its gpu, not the display 😛

panzlock
Level 12
These RGB issues have been raised before. I personally don't care that much as most colours are what they should be. However, when set to white the backplate burns white but the top "Republic of Gamers" logo and the front stripes where the fans are have a blue or purple hue. Was there a solution to this? I'd search the forums but I JUST have no time. I have a job, Ihave a kid, I have a girlfriend, I have a mistress and I have a wife on the side, man!
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
These RGB issues have been raised before. I personally don't care that much as most colours are what they should be. However, when set to white the backplate burns white but the top "Republic of Gamers" logo and the front stripes where the fans are have a blue or purple hue. Was there a solution to this? I'd search the forums but I JUST have no time. I have a job, Ihave a kid, I have a girlfriend, I have a mistress and I have a wife on the side, man!

Due to the limitations of the LEDs, it is unavoidable when displaying pure white. That is why RGBW strips exist, we anticipated the majority of people would prefer various colors over pure white.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Due to the limitations of the LEDs, it is unavoidable when displaying pure white. That is why RGBW strips exist, we anticipated the majority of people would prefer various colors over pure white.

I'd have to agree with that statement. You're an admin, and you said "we" like you work for ASUS so do you have an explanation to why the RGB LEDs are not showing correctly when typing in RGB values?

Korth
Level 14
oh lol my dumb
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
oh lol my dumb

No worries, mate. As a side note I could tell you were also Canadian before looking at your profile by the way that you spelled colour two different ways, haha.