cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gothmog the dual loop monster

stuartl89
Level 7
Gothmog is a black and red themed build that made me think of the balrog from lotr. It’s my first custom loop build and I broke my budget. Once I got started it just snowballed out of control. I just got the plumbing started and have some of the lighting done. I have some custom backlit acrylic panels that I’m looking to have some airbrushing done on covering unused spaces on the case.
Case: tt core p7
Motherboard: maximus x code
CPU: 8700k
GPU: rog strix 1080ti oc
Mem: 32g corsair vengeance
Os drive: samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme
Game drive: samsung 850 evo 1 tb *
Waterblocks: *phanteks
Radiators: ek 480
Fans: tt riing 120
Pump/res: tt pr22-d5
Fittings: monsoon red chain gun
Monitor: acer predator x34p
Cables: ensourced on order...*
14 REPLIES 14

JustinThyme
Level 13
I looked at one of these and if I had the real estate it would have made for a nice build. Deciding factor against was that it takes up an entire LARGE desk/table by itself.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I looked at one of these and if I had the real estate it would have made for a nice build. Deciding factor against was that it takes up an entire LARGE desk/table by itself.

It’s defintely large, but I’m going to hang it on the wall in my office so it won’t take up any desk or floor space.

Korth
Level 14
That was my first thought, too. Huge chassis vs second monitor vs some space to park a laptop or actually scribble on paper. Too much other junk always cluttering my desk, lol, using two keyboards and two mice doesn't help.

But yes ... wall-mounting. Your solution is most excellent.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
... Too much other junk always cluttering my desk, lol, using two keyboards and two mice doesn't help.

Why two keyboards and mice? If it's to control two computers with separate monitors, consider Mouse Without Borders, a software KM switch. As long as the computers share the same network it is a nice solution to controlling up to 4 computers with a single mouse and keyboard.

Korth
Level 14
KVM hardware already switches to remote terminals, lol.

The keyboards are mapped to different layouts (English QWERTY, French AZERTY), I constantly need to swap them and I've found it's easier and faster and lazier to just slide a keyboard over than to toggle buttons and clicky settings. They're also both full of macros. Twice as many keyboard USB ports is sometimes handy. And my workstation is also my workbench, it shares space with some tools and problems, it's sometimes handy to have a second keyboard on the "other side" of things, it's sometimes handy to just stuff the keyboard into sliding undertray.

It all started years ago when I gamed with a Steelseries Merc Stealth keyboard, awesome beast for the kinds of gaming I did back then ... but utterly useless and frustrating to do any "real" typing or coding, so I ended up buying a second keyboard ... then a second mouse, one ambi and one right ... years passed, hardware changed, wants and needs evolved, but my main workstation setup still retains two keyboards and two mice and a big desk-covering sheet of material which basically serves as a "mouse pad".
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Plumbing getting close to complete.

The artist that is doing my airbrush work has started work on one of the acrylic panels and sent me a quick peek.

You're gonna need a bigger workbench...

Looking nice brother!

bender02
Level 7
A little large but a cool build!