cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix x299 e-gaming strange CPU frequency!

SharPPP
Level 7
Hello,
I recently make a new build with Strix X299 e-gaming and i7-7820x. In the bios I see a strange thing, in the upper right corner should be indicated the frequency of stock cpu, in this case is 3600 but instead shows 4000 as photos.

Is everything normal or not?

Thanks 1000
4 REPLIES 4

czechoj
Level 7
I have exactly the same

You need to disable Asus core optimization enhancement and some other turbo settings .Nevertheless ,all of those asus CPU implemented stuff don't show any kind of thermal throttling and negative behavior even on running blender and similar apps.Trust me,I have one of the worst i9 7900x and those default settings don't destroy my CPU.idle at those settings are 25C, on blender 65C.

Marko911 wrote:
You need to disable Asus core optimization enhancement and some other turbo settings .Nevertheless ,all of those asus CPU implemented stuff don't show any kind of thermal throttling and negative behavior even on running blender and similar apps.Trust me,I have one of the worst i9 7900x and those default settings don't destroy my CPU.idle at those settings are 25C, on blender 65C.

Hello,
I see that your temps are ~25c at idle with this chip. My new build with same board/chip is idling with only bios running at 36c. Should I be concerned the chip may have an issue. I'm using the cooler master 120 for cooling the cpu.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rick*

Chino
Level 15
SharPPP wrote:
Hello,
Is everything normal or not?

Yes. If you prefer Intel's Turbo rules instead, disable the ASUS MultiCore Enhacement option. 🙂