ROG Enthusiast Array

Unhappy Asus G750JW - Flickering Screen (Loose Contact?)

Hey guys,

for like a month or so I am sometimes having the issue of a flickering screen (display wildly going blue/black) and also sometimes the display doesnt work at all. This problem seems to be a hardware issue, as this is present in boot aswell. I guess it is a loose contact or - if even worse - my graphics card is broken.

Has anyone else experienced such issues?

Cheers x

ROG Member Array

There is a multi conductor cable with connectors between the mb and the screen. You could have just a broken wire on it after a lot of use opening/closing the lid. I replaced the screen on my g751jy and it looked easily damaged the way they snaked it through by the hinge. Connector could also be a bit loose on one end. Hoping for the best of course. Its not difficult to get to but takes a little patience and they are available on ebay.
    it has about 20 wires like a ribbon cable but individual wires in this case.
    gl and I hope thats all it is and not anything non replacable card related.
    Try an external monitor to test if its the card.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by scrufy View Post
    There is a multi conductor cable with connectors between the mb and the screen. You could have just a broken wire on it after a lot of use opening/closing the lid. I replaced the screen on my g751jy and it looked easily damaged the way they snaked it through by the hinge. Connector could also be a bit loose on one end. Hoping for the best of course. Its not difficult to get to but takes a little patience and they are available on ebay.
    it has about 20 wires like a ribbon cable but individual wires in this case.
    gl and I hope thats all it is and not anything non replacable card related.
    Try an external monitor to test if its the card.
    First off: Thank you!

On external monitor, I havent had any issues so far... But sometimes, the whole system freezes (so far only when I play Heroes of the Storm). What do you think?

ROG Enthusiast Array

So yeah.. today my G750JW screen was black again, so I tried to re-plug the cable on the display and on the mainboard. Didn't help. I will try getting a replacement cable and report back if that helped.

Peace x

ROG Enthusiast Array

Little update: I found out that I always plugged out the webcam cable and not the screen cable. So I double checked both ends of the screen connection and the screen doesn't turn on anymore. External monitor works so far.

Will order a replacement cable and report back if that helped.

EDIT: So I plugged in a HDMI cable and suddenly, my screen went on again. --I found out that if I tap at the place where the screen connector to the mainboard sits under, the screen goes on. Seems like a loose contact of the connection to the mainboard itself.
    Last edited by fschoenfeldt; 03-12-2018 at 06:32 AM.