cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix a permanent extreme amplify level?

EtoEgor
Level 7
How to fix a permanent extreme amplify level? Z370-G Gaming. Please release a new version realtek audio driver for my motherboard! Amplify level resets to extreme level every reboot !
12 REPLIES 12

Raja
Level 13
What do you have plugged into the output?

2.0 speakers via 3.5mm

I got the same problem when I have my 2.1 computer speakers connected. I'm guessing that computer speakers get detected as a high impedance headphones so the gain is automatically set to Extreme.

Raja
Level 13
List the make and model of the speakers plus the output being used. Also list the driver version, please.

Same here, pretty annoying. You either have to change it manually after every reboot, or uninstall/disable the Realtek control panel.

Z370-F
Version 6.0.1.8273
Sennheiser HD 558

Raja@ASUS wrote:
List the make and model of the speakers plus the output being used. Also list the driver version, please.

Bose Companion 3 Series II
Front Speaker Out (Rear I/O Panel)
Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.8273

Thank you.

jologskyblues wrote:
Bose Companion 3 Series II
Front Speaker Out (Rear I/O Panel)
Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.8273

Thank you.

Try the driver I linked above, please.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try the driver I linked above, please.

Done.

The amply level now sticks when I set it to Performance and does not revert to Extreme after rebooting like before however, there is still a note below the amplify setting that says "Your rear line out impedance is equal to or higher than 110 ohm".

jologskyblues wrote:
Done.

The amply level now sticks when I set it to Performance and does not revert to Extreme after rebooting like before however, there is still a note below the amplify setting that says "Your rear line out impedance is equal to or higher than 110 ohm".

That's probably because it is. The input impedance of most speaker setups is in the 10K-47K range, so they will be detected as a high input impedance device. The feature is designed for headphones. At least you can now set it to stay as needed.