cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS crashing issue unknown to Denmark center

eriphyle
Level 7
Hey there,

I'm experiencing hard crashes and restarts during gaming. First the screen freezes and the sound hangs up, then the screen switches to solid colour/glitch and the pc restarts. I'm having this issue in old and new games alike. For example in Witcher 3 I'm not able to get past the first cutscene because as soon as the actual game starts, I crash. Injustice 2 has the same issue, and the list could go on. Lowering resolution or quality is not helping nor should be needed. Drivers are correctly installed and up to date. There is a guy just below my thread with the same issue...

This is a known issue and there is a lengthy forum thread on it already, but unfortunately the Asus employee (Bahz) who was handling communicating this problem to the service centres isn't working for Asus anymore. The issue cannot be triggered by running a benchmark program so the service center sent my laptop back without replacing anything. It crashed within 10 minutes of booting up. This is an issue with the GPU and replacing the motherboard is necessary to improve stability.

I am running circles with the Danish customer service as they keep making me do Windows recoveries (wtf) and wouldn't look at that thread, nor know about this issue. I'm extremely pissed as my communication with them is incredibly frustrating and there is no guarantee they'll know better the next time I RMA it. My 3000 euros gaming laptop is basically unusable for the on thing it should be good at, which is gaming.
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello eriphyle
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Hey Bill@Asus,

I actually just came here to give an update on this - I got my laptop back last week. I managed to explain to the service center that it was an issue with the Micron memory in the GPU and they changed my motherboard to one with Samsung memory which solved the issue as I haven't had any related crashes since.

They also changed my monitor - I don't know if this was necessary because of switching out the motherboard or because I told them during my first RMA that one of the hinges snapped during normal use.

All in all I am glad that my laptop is fixed, but getting there was an incredibly frustrating experience and I hope I won't have to deal with the local customer service again.

Bill
Level 7
Hello eriphyle
I'm glad that your issue is resolved
I'm sorry for the experience you have gone through
Wish you have a nice day 🙂