cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue with 1070 Strix RGB LEDs

Jasma91
Level 7
So I've had my Asus Strix OC GTX1070 since November of 2016. All of the RGB LED's worked perfectly fine when I got the card, and I've had no issues otherwise with the performance of the card. However, I noticed yesterday that the RGB LEDs seemed to only be partially functioning on one end of the card. Here are some pictures: The first picture is what the card looked like after installing it (properly functioning RGB LEDs), and the second picture is what it looks like now (RGB LEDs only working on one side.

Anybody have an idea of what I could do to fix this? I tried reinstalling/updating the Asus AURA program, GPUTweak, and GPU BIOS, all to no avail. The card performs perfectly fine, no overheating/fan issues, no performance loss in games, etc.

I just want to know if there is some simple fix that I'm completely missing, or if there is no way to fix this. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
75 REPLIES 75

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Looks like those are lights are faulty, will need to RMA. Sorry about the inconvenience.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Looks like those are lights are faulty, will need to RMA. Sorry about the inconvenience.

I have the same issue, I wrote an email on the ASUS support website but I'm not sure that's the way I'm supposed to proceed, can you confirm this is where I should go then just click on "Email Us"?

How long will I need to wait for my fix and does ASUS offer somewhat of a placeholder card in the meanwhile? Since I built my Ryzen system recently I don't have an iGPU so I basically can't use my RIG until I get my replacement/fix.

EDIT: Also, the problem started exactly today for me aswell and my card was bought at around the same time, kinda strange to see such a fresh post about the same issue

71574]

**I have Asus Rog strix Gtx 1070.My GPU was looking amazing before but now is looking bad.The GPU is the best one of performance but i have an issue with the Rgb tube.

Hi, I’m currently having the same issue with my 3080. What’s the solution to this?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
For two cases from different countries to appear at a similar time does seem coincidental. Please private message me your RMA number whenever convenient. Thanks.

Here some info on how to RMA.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4813-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide

XenSide
Level 7
Let's start saying that my card (Strix 1070 08G) is still covered by it's second year of warranty. Just two days ago my LEDs stopped working as you can see here
Aestethics is a pretty big part of how I choose hardware since it's how my business runs.
I bought it on Amazon.it but since the obvious drop on gpu Stocks they're unable to replace my faulty card with a working one, they offered to give me back what I paid (509€) at the cost of me returning the card (which is basically a scam for me as prices go around 750€), I obviously refused and I contacted the ASUS assistance. They basically told me that they won't be even discussing the issue because Amazon should deal with it (They gave me no way to respond to this) which isn't even true as ASUS is the manifacturer and they are supposed to deliver its limited warranty service (you can read more about their policies here ) for two years (in Europe, may differ in other countries).

What am I supposed to do now? Am I just left alone in between two corporations doing what they possibly can to avoid losing money and there's nothing I can do?

I'm very disappointed from ASUS' customer service as compared to others it's ridiculously bad. I would probably have got my card back and got an excuse letter from EVGA by now if I had bought one of their products, instead I just keep getting bounced between the seller and ASUS (that refuses to help).

Sorry to hear about your situation. PM me, and I'll gladly help you.

XenSide wrote:
Let's start saying that my card (Strix 1070 08G) is still covered by it's second year of warranty. Just two days ago my LEDs stopped working as you can see here
Aestethics is a pretty big part of how I choose hardware since it's how my business runs.
I bought it on Amazon.it but since the obvious drop on gpu Stocks they're unable to replace my faulty card with a working one, they offered to give me back what I paid (509€) at the cost of me returning the card (which is basically a scam for me as prices go around 750€), I obviously refused and I contacted the ASUS assistance. They basically told me that they won't be even discussing the issue because Amazon should deal with it (They gave me no way to respond to this) which isn't even true as ASUS is the manifacturer and they are supposed to deliver its limited warranty service (you can read more about their policies here ) for two years (in Europe, may differ in other countries).

What am I supposed to do now? Am I just left alone in between two corporations doing what they possibly can to avoid losing money and there's nothing I can do?

I'm very disappointed from ASUS' customer service as compared to others it's ridiculously bad. I would probably have got my card back and got an excuse letter from EVGA by now if I had bought one of their products, instead I just keep getting bounced between the seller and ASUS (that refuses to help).

I mean ASUS Customer Service is not the greatest in the world, but as big of a company as ASUS, I think you will be fine. In my experience, except the service is slow as hell, but at least it usually gets the job done.

XenSide wrote:

Hi XenSide,

None of the admins have received any info from you, do you still need the issue to be fixed? Please PM Bill@ASUS with your serial number.