Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
  1. #11
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasma91 View Post
    So I've had my Asus Strix OC GTX1070 since November of 2016. All of the RGB LED's worked perfectly fine when I got the card, and I've had no issues otherwise with the performance of the card. However, I noticed yesterday that the RGB LEDs seemed to only be partially functioning on one end of the card. Here are some pictures: The first picture is what the card looked like after installing it (properly functioning RGB LEDs), and the second picture is what it looks like now (RGB LEDs only working on one side.

    Attachment 71549
    Attachment 71550

    Anybody have an idea of what I could do to fix this? I tried reinstalling/updating the Asus AURA program, GPUTweak, and GPU BIOS, all to no avail. The card performs perfectly fine, no overheating/fan issues, no performance loss in games, etc.

    I just want to know if there is some simple fix that I'm completely missing, or if there is no way to fix this. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    I have the same issue on a my 2 computer.... GTX1080ti strix O11G and 11G
    both used less than 1 year

    both have the same LED issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #12
    ROG Member Array jorgerod PC Specs
    jorgerod PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    Processor10-Core Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition, 4400 MHz (44 x 100)
    Memory (part number)40 GB DDR4 Gskill 3000 MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 950 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2NVMe INTEL SSD 400GB
    CPU CoolerFractal Celsios S36
    CaseCorsair Obsidian D900
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsair Void RGB
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T9700 7.1
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 KINGSTON NVMe 240GB + Muskin SSD PCIe 240GB
    Accessory #2 Samsung SSD QVO 1TB + Samsung SSD EVO 500GB + SP SSD 240GB
    Accessory #3 2x3TB HDD + 2x750GB HDD Raid + 2x512GB SSD Raid

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    I have an Asus 1070 Strix, I have no problems with the leds, but I opened it to clean it and the LED system is only 2 leds at the end of the board and the light is channeled through 2 acrylic or fiber optics of some kind through the board. Maybe they've moved and the light does not go through.

  3. #13
    ROG Member Array jorgerod PC Specs
    jorgerod PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    Processor10-Core Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition, 4400 MHz (44 x 100)
    Memory (part number)40 GB DDR4 Gskill 3000 MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 950 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2NVMe INTEL SSD 400GB
    CPU CoolerFractal Celsios S36
    CaseCorsair Obsidian D900
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsair Void RGB
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T9700 7.1
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 KINGSTON NVMe 240GB + Muskin SSD PCIe 240GB
    Accessory #2 Samsung SSD QVO 1TB + Samsung SSD EVO 500GB + SP SSD 240GB
    Accessory #3 2x3TB HDD + 2x750GB HDD Raid + 2x512GB SSD Raid

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Mendoza 7200

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GUySjP7-gI

    In 3:55 time, and 4:22 we can see it.


    No need to dismount the cooler from the board, it is easy to take the cover from the fans.
    Last edited by jorgerod; 03-15-2018 at 06:55 PM.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Roger that

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgerod View Post
    I have an Asus 1070 Strix, I have no problems with the leds, but I opened it to clean it and the LED system is only 2 leds at the end of the board and the light is channeled through 2 acrylic or fiber optics of some kind through the board. Maybe they've moved and the light does not go through.
    I'm having this same issue with my STRIX 1070 OC8GB. If it was a "bad LED" i would expect it to be on one side of the card, rather than both. I'll open it up tonight and take a peek, but i remember when i was first inspecting the card for loose connections i did notice a fairly decent gap between the "tube" and the LED's themself. I'm wondering if the gap is causing some sort of "light bleed", thus resulting in light not being able to make it down the full length of the plastic tube. I'll try to re-position the tube closer to LED's and see if that corrects the issue. Cross-fingers its something as silly as that.

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by IM2OTAKU4U View Post
    I'm having this same issue with my STRIX 1070 OC8GB. If it was a "bad LED" i would expect it to be on one side of the card, rather than both. I'll open it up tonight and take a peek, but i remember when i was first inspecting the card for loose connections i did notice a fairly decent gap between the "tube" and the LED's themself. I'm wondering if the gap is causing some sort of "light bleed", thus resulting in light not being able to make it down the full length of the plastic tube. I'll try to re-position the tube closer to LED's and see if that corrects the issue. Cross-fingers its something as silly as that.
    but it is strange that problem not occur at day 1.....
    I have 2 card with this issue which used 9 months around......
    I believe something wrong with that tube too, as the light source LED seems no problem.....

    Please update us if you find something special on the tube

    Million thanks

  6. #16
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    No dice

    well.....I took it apart...adjusted the tubes to be as close to the LED's as possible....annnnddd....no dice. looks a little better than it did?...and by a little i mean not enough to really notice. Its still dim as whoaaaa after the 1st fan...not really sure why that'd happen unless there was a severe kink in the optics tube? But i tried to keep it as free flow as possible. So perhaps it is something faulty in the LED's PCB? RMA worthy? or just live with it? For a $400+ graphics cards you'd sure think you'd not to have issues like this... maybe someone from ASUS would care to send me a replacement LED-PCB board to try out rather than replace the whole card? wishful thinking i'm sure....but i've gone ahead and uploaded photo's of when i first bought the card, to what the card illuminates to now....pretty sucky...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos before.jpg  

    after.jpg  


  7. #17
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by IM2OTAKU4U View Post
    well.....I took it apart...adjusted the tubes to be as close to the LED's as possible....annnnddd....no dice. looks a little better than it did?...and by a little i mean not enough to really notice. Its still dim as whoaaaa after the 1st fan...not really sure why that'd happen unless there was a severe kink in the optics tube? But i tried to keep it as free flow as possible. So perhaps it is something faulty in the LED's PCB? RMA worthy? or just live with it? For a $400+ graphics cards you'd sure think you'd not to have issues like this... maybe someone from ASUS would care to send me a replacement LED-PCB board to try out rather than replace the whole card? wishful thinking i'm sure....but i've gone ahead and uploaded photo's of when i first bought the card, to what the card illuminates to now....pretty sucky...


    I have same problem on a 1080 and a 1080ti.......
    probably the LED is got dimmed that day1.....
    people said that RGB LED can last for over 10 years is just a joke........

  8. #18
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    A little clarity

    Just so there are no misconceptions. I reverted the color scheme back to "pure white" just as the original photo was taken when i first got the card. i've attached that image for better comparison between then and now...clearly something has gone wrong...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos after adjusting tubes.jpg  


  9. #19
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    For anyone with this issue, please RMA your card(s) and private message me your RMA number.

  10. #20
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    For anyone with this issue, please RMA your card(s) and private message me your RMA number.

    I just take my card to Asus service center today and they change the LED shell immediately.
    It is NOT the LED faulty but the tube changed into milky color due to the heat...
    so light cannot go though the tube well compare with brand new status...

    Those tube cannot last over 1 year!!!!!
    Being told by support staff, it is NO solution..... As it is material issue....

    The LED without any problem.....

    so I have to replace it again soon....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •