Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by joseph lai View Post
    I just take my card to Asus service center today and they change the LED shell immediately.
    It is NOT the LED faulty but the tube changed into milky color due to the heat...
    so light cannot go though the tube well compare with brand new status...

Those tube cannot last over 1 year!!!!!
    Being told by support staff, it is NO solution..... As it is material issue....

The LED without any problem.....

so I have to replace it again soon....
    Well i'm not as lucky as you and i don't live near an ASUS service center. However i did look online and found Fiber Optic lighting "SIDEGLOW" tubing ( http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Sideglow.htm ) that comes in a variety of diameters and can be cut to certain lengths (minimum 5 FT. order). I'm going to take this back apart again and measure the diameter of the optics tube with calipers, but i'm guessing its close to 7mm in diameter. I'll go ahead and give this a try. I'd rather just take my card back to Micro Center, as I have a 2 year protection plan with them, however, the cost of the card has increased to $649...which is more than $200 above and beyond what i originally bought it for - absolutely ridiculous!? Not paying that difference! And i don't want to go thru all the hoops of a drawn out RMA with ASUS....couldn't they just send me two new optics tubes? HINT HINT I'd be really happy if ASUS would just send me two new optics tubes!

BTW After they replaced the optics tubes did your problem go away?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by IM2OTAKU4U View Post
    Well i'm not as lucky as you and i don't live near an ASUS service center. However i did look online and found Fiber Optic lighting "SIDEGLOW" tubing ( http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Sideglow.htm ) that comes in a variety of diameters and can be cut to certain lengths (minimum 5 FT. order). I'm going to take this back apart again and measure the diameter of the optics tube with calipers, but i'm guessing its close to 7mm in diameter. I'll go ahead and give this a try. I'd rather just take my card back to Micro Center, as I have a 2 year protection plan with them, however, the cost of the card has increased to $649...which is more than $200 above and beyond what i originally bought it for - absolutely ridiculous!? Not paying that difference! And i don't want to go thru all the hoops of a drawn out RMA with ASUS....couldn't they just send me two new optics tubes? HINT HINT I'd be really happy if ASUS would just send me two new optics tubes!

yes! solved immediately! like NEW now :-) but being told it will happen again........

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by IM2OTAKU4U View Post

Could you takes some pictures of the process and also of the old tubes when you'll do the fix ?
    I think it could be very useful to a lot of people including myself.

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by namoi View Post
    Could you takes some pictures of the process and also of the old tubes when you'll do the fix ?
    I think it could be very useful to a lot of people including myself.

Thanks
    If it is still in warranty period, just send it to asus service center, they can replace it immediately.
    I get it back within 10 minutes.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by joseph lai View Post
    If it is still in warranty period, just send it to asus service center, they can replace it immediately.
    I get it back within 10 minutes.
    I don't have that problem... Yet.
    But i am interested in the process though.

ROG Member Array

Same led issue with my asus strix rx 480

Hi Guys i'm having this same issue with my rx 480. the problem is I really dont know if my card still has warranty. I hope there is any other options with this one! btw if we are to go to asus center to replace the leds how much would be the cost? does anybody knows? Thanks

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aldwin2121 View Post
    Hi Guys i'm having this same issue with my rx 480. the problem is I really dont know if my card still has warranty. I hope there is any other options with this one! btw if we are to go to asus center to replace the leds how much would be the cost? does anybody knows? Thanks
    Your RX 480 should be covered for 3 years, so it's safe to say the warranty hasn't expired yet. It best to go to one of our service centers to have the card inspected, they would be in the best position to provide an evaluation of what is wrong and if any additional costs are required.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Your RX 480 should be covered for 3 years, so it's safe to say the warranty hasn't expired yet. It best to go to one of our service centers to have the card inspected, they would be in the best position to provide an evaluation of what is wrong and if any additional costs are required.
    Thanks MasterC, i'll check local support here in PH!

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi Guys, I have the same issue with my GTX 1070, unfortunately, I'm living in Ukraine and I have no idea where I can find Asus service. Also, I have an issue with an RGB light on top of the card ( Logo ) blue color died. Anyone knows what kind of LEDs are installed there?

ROG Enthusiast Array

@Alex... you can check out this page for more info:
    https://www.asus.com/ua-ua/support/S...e%20(Ukranian)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast