Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Just another follow up. I found fiber optic lines on amazon for 5 bucks. I purchased 5mm initially which was too big, so I got 3mm which was slightly too small (but works good enough). I believe 4mm would be the ideal replacement. Took me about 5 minutes to replace it. Just removed the existing tubing (being careful not to break any of the plastic tabs), cut the new one to length using cat nail clippers, and installed it. Definitely looks way better now. Good luck everyone! This is definitely not worth an RMA, especially given ASUS's reputation with their RMA department. 5 bucks and 5 minutes and we're good as new.

ROG Junior Member Array

Info for people having problems with their fan shroud lighting.

The side glow fiber optic conduit is 4mm.

link to Ebay listing for replacement. comes in 12 inch sections so you will need 2
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiber-Optic...72.m2749.l2649

ROG Junior Member Array

I have the same problem. I used RMA from Amazon and the send me a new graphic card

ROG Junior Member Array

I had the same issue with an Asus ROG Strix 1080ti and ended up buying a 1M long 4mm light tube from eBay for $5. It took 4 weeks to get here but the repair took 5 minutes. Here are the before and after with a picture of the light tube I bought.

The picture with the fan shroud dissembled shows the old tubes that have turned milky white on the right. The actual LEDs are the 2 at the top of the picture.

The actual eBay part is here https://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-PMMA-Sid...72.m2749.l2649

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181013_123949sm.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	421.3 KB 
ID:	76371
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_20181013_124332sm.jpg  

IMG_20181013_125801sm.jpg  

IMG_20181013_130805sm.jpg  

Last edited by HDCLWN; 10-19-2018 at 05:52 PM.

New ROGer Array

I thing i found a sulution

Hello everyone I think i foud a salution to thins problem. The LED its not falty its the tube its self, over the time from the light the tube is getting like milki brown ish and the tube have to be replaced. Here is what i thing ASUS used (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0797M9F...a-458192585722) i have the same issue ill order it and see if that makes any difference.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jasma91 View Post
    So I've had my Asus Strix OC GTX1070 since November of 2016. All of the RGB LED's worked perfectly fine when I got the card, and I've had no issues otherwise with the performance of the card. However, I noticed yesterday that the RGB LEDs seemed to only be partially functioning on one end of the card. Here are some pictures: The first picture is what the card looked like after installing it (properly functioning RGB LEDs), and the second picture is what it looks like now (RGB LEDs only working on one side.

Attachment 71549
    Attachment 71550

Anybody have an idea of what I could do to fix this? I tried reinstalling/updating the Asus AURA program, GPUTweak, and GPU BIOS, all to no avail. The card performs perfectly fine, no overheating/fan issues, no performance loss in games, etc.

I just want to know if there is some simple fix that I'm completely missing, or if there is no way to fix this. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 here is a link to new optic fiber tubes that will fix the problem

ROG Enthusiast Array

Anyone have a guide on how to take off the cover and replace it?

New ROGer Array

There is a video link on a couple pages back shows the whole tear down process.

New ROGer Array

Hello all
    I am having the exact same problem but with a graphics card ROG-STRIX-RX580-T8G-GAMING I read a lot about the graphics card before buying and I read that lighting works well for eight years But now I have this ridiculous holiday after a year and a half
    It seems to be a bug in all graphics cards

You have ordered this purchase https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you to the owner of the subject and to all those who contributed to solving this problem, but I did not know what to do

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

We have also 1 card with the same issue. a 1080ti. is no the led. Since we do not have a Asus service center. I have to get another front facia plastic to make a change and give that one to my friend. I am trying to get one but no where to get one. I will tell the guy to order that part from amazon and see what we can do. Here in Panama once pass the year of warranty is a pain. taking that out is just 6 screws and have to be done easy since 3 of them are in the back of the fans.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast