cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert to 902 bios from 3203

jcga
Level 7
I have upgraded the bios of my Maximus iV gene-z to the latest 3203 version but facing problems I want to revert to 902 bios. I tried within windows (via AI suite) and via DOS with bupdater without success. I received the message that die to change in internal structure, you can't go back.

No warning was given by ASUS about this
I would appreciate any help
Best from france
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah the 3 series bios are gearing up for the Ivybrdige CPU's as far as I know there is no way of going back so sorry.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Spathi
Level 9
What was the problem with 3203, maybe we can help?

I looked inside 3203 and a small number of modules changed, but the order is totally different so bit scared to flash.

jcga
Level 7
Thanks for having taken the time to answer, and sorry for the late reply but I was off line until recently !

The problem I had is solved by now but I, still think that ASUS should have put a warning somewhere that it is not possible with this bios to downgrade !
It's the minimum IMO
Best

Look there man! )

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038504055

But be careful with downgread ... U may kill ure motherboard (

jcga wrote:
Thanks for having taken the time to answer, and sorry for the late reply but I was off line until recently !

The problem I had is solved by now but I, still think that ASUS should have put a warning somewhere that it is not possible with this bios to downgrade !
It's the minimum IMO
Best

I have the same problem. In my case, my PC doesnt boot at all. It gives an error debug message of "55" on the motherboard. Seems to be something related to memory, but the memory was ok before updating the bios. I can boot sometimes resetting the bios with the back button, but is random. I cant be always like this.

My question is "how did you solve your problem?. Did you reverted somehow to the old bios? I tried everything but I wasnt able to do it.

Can you help me? Tnx in advance.

luke97 wrote:
I have the same problem. In my case, my PC doesnt boot at all. It gives an error debug message of "55" on the motherboard. Seems to be something related to memory, but the memory was ok before updating the bios. I can boot sometimes resetting the bios with the back button, but is random. I cant be always like this.

My question is "how did you solve your problem?. Did you reverted somehow to the old bios? I tried everything but I wasnt able to do it.

Can you help me? Tnx in advance.

If you have the Maximus board then according to a post I read earlier today you can revert using the alternate BIOS. You have flashed the 3 series bios to BIOS A or to BIOS B? Therefore what this chap said he did was revert to the B BIOS and that solved his issue.

Hope that helps.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
If you have the Maximus board then according to a post I read earlier today you can revert using the alternate BIOS. You have flashed the 3 series bios to BIOS A or to BIOS B? Therefore what this chap said he did was revert to the B BIOS and that solved his issue.

Hope that helps.

The problem is I flashed both bios with 3203 version. I´m really worried now, after reading some people saying theres no solution right now. Theres no step back once you update. Its seems that this bios changes some internal codes and does not recognice older bios any more. I have a Maximus Extreme IV B3, by the way.

My God, how ASUS is allowing this??? Theres really no solution now until they release a new bios?

Tnx a lot

luke97 wrote:
The problem is I flashed both bios with 3203 version. I´m really worried now, after reading some people saying theres no solution right now. Theres no step back once you update. Its seems that this bios changes some internal codes and does not recognice older bios any more. I have a Maximus Extreme IV B3, by the way.

My God, how ASUS is allowing this??? Theres really no solution now until they release a new bios?

Tnx a lot

Use ROG connect, just put a usb stick back of the motherboard, bios renamed to M4E.ROM and push rog connect switch from the back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGGrZl6zV0
Maximus IV Extreme-Z @ P67 Sabertooth (Great Mobo)
i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz @ i5 2500k stock
PNY GTX 680 @ MSI GTX 670 PE/OC 1215 Stock Boost
Corsair AX850 @ 850TX
Asus 'Sata' DVD-RW
Intel 330 120gb ssd @ Pny 120gb ssd @ Intel 330 60gb ssd
1x1TB Samsung SATA III 6GB/S @ 3x2TB Western Digital Green 6GB/s (SATA III)
Corsair Vengeance 8gb cl9 Low Profile Dimms
Dell U2412M 1920x1200 60hz @ Samsung 2233rz 1680x1050 120hz
Fractal Design Define XL @ Corsair Obisidian 550D

silis wrote:
Use ROG connect, just put a usb stick back of the motherboard, bios renamed to M4E.ROM and push rog connect switch from the back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGGrZl6zV0

OMG, It worked!!!!!!! Tnx a lot. You saved my life!! Now I have 2302 BIOS version and my system boots again.

Its funny but with 3203 BIOS I had to reset my settings everytime I reboot, using back reset button, F1, enter BIOS settings, and select the option "override boot" in any drive. So Windows started loading. Really weird.

Tnx again! (Also tnx ASUS for ROG Connect. Great feature)