Thread: Asus G73jw - Fn+ key and the keyboard backlight does not work

New ROGer Array

Asus G73jw - Fn+ key and the keyboard backlight does not work

Hi!
    It all started with the fact that once the button is not working Fn +, combined with all the keys. Next, I clicked off the keyboard backlight and subsequently turn on the backlight keyboard failed. The keyboard backlight turns on only when the notebook.

I reinstalled the operating system, installed all the drivers, but a positive result was not achieved.

Advise what could be done? How can you test the Fn button? I tried the game assign Fn button on certain weapons, but it has no reaction. Should it be?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BooRooNDooK View Post
    Hi!
    It all started with the fact that once the button is not working Fn +, combined with all the keys. Next, I clicked off the keyboard backlight and subsequently turn on the backlight keyboard failed. The keyboard backlight turns on only when the notebook.

I reinstalled the operating system, installed all the drivers, but a positive result was not achieved.

Advise what could be done? How can you test the Fn button? I tried the game assign Fn button on certain weapons, but it has no reaction. Should it be?
    I had this same issue on my g73sw. There is a fix for it. Lookup g73jh backlit fix. Someone on the forum made it and it worked perfect. I think it had something to do with the bios. I might be wrong. Sorry I can't link it cause my g73 died and I'm on my phone.

ROG Enthusiast Array

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...-gary-key.html

That is the fix. The newest download links are on page 12 or here : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzj...EJsbU5IQU96Mzg

I just did this on my SW and it worked.
    Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)
    • Intel Core i7-2630QM
    • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
    • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
    • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
    • Bluetooth ( added )
    • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
    • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods: