cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What headphones do you use with your g750?

derpcules
Level 9
Like the title says and what do you think of the "awesome amp"?

Im using one of the most sensitive and lowest impendance iems on the market (ie 80) and i get a noticable background hiss (Before I followed the guide to get maxx audio installed properly it was too much but now its tolerable, thanks to everyone posting about that particular solution. The only way to control impendance/gain setting is through maxx audio so if youre getting crazy hiss with low impendance headphones its probably because the default gain setting is high without maxx audio installed.).

Money is no object within reason when it comes to sound quality for me. Only reason i bought htc one was the sound quality through headphones. I always have the best available source files for my music, never anything below 320 kps mp3s and thats rare its almost always flac.
I own a cambridge magic + for my speaker setup.

Im considering buying Shure SRH940-E or hd 650 because i dont want a whole string of dacs and amps, I want something that works well with the built in amp wich i can hear is more than enough in clarity except for the hiss. Im leaning towards Shure SRH940-E because detail is everything to me but its so clinical it enhances all faults in the source from what ive read, so im wondering if hd 650 might be a better choice if the built in amp has that hiss regardless of impendance/sensitivity.

Anyone using either of those phones?

Im not going to buy hd 800 because that price class is beyond reason for next to no gain imo. Its to use with this laptop without a string of extra gear, thats the point.

I think the headphone amp is great for what it is ( more separation and clarity than any other built in solution ive heard even on bad recordings like youtube) except for the bad gain settings/hiss.
59 REPLIES 59

tnili
Level 7
I have both the HD 600 and 650. The 600 is more neutral and cheaper than the 650 so you should consider it as well. The 650 requires a decent AMP otherwise it will sound slow and boring.

derpcules
Level 9
How are they with the g750? im contempalting shure + a fiio 17 or hd 650 without the fiio. Id love to avoid the string of extras but if the hiss is present on a pair of hd 650s too I dont see an alternative.

I have a G55vw, but if you can spring it, the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II headphones are unbeatable.

Suspirion
Level 7
I am using Plantronics Gamecom 780, and they work great for me.

I have a pair of Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's, and sound is GREAT with this laptop. I never have to push the system volume higher than 50% (I listen to FLAC/WAV audio mostly also), it's just great. They are 16 ohm cans I believe but not gonna lie I still don't know what that means >.<

Also, nice choice of phone! I have the Droid DNA which is the same base phone, the amp on that is just KILLER.
Asus G750JW-DB71

Neptun
Level 7
I use beats studio and they are best headphones ever, better than any of your headphones guys hahahahaha....

I'm joking :p, i use ATH m50 which sound great with my g750, xcept for the hiss which can be pretty annoying at times when i'm skyping.

I am currently using the ROG headset Vulcan
although for it's release, the price was reasonable. but now the quality isn't as rewarding as it used to be or to be compared with cheaper headphones that are out right now.

Although I am also using my new beats Tour v 2.0. they are actually pretty damn impressive. sound delivering with the laptop is jaw dropping.

just sayin I know some dislike beats product. but you have to give them credits if you tried out their new units refreshed this Year.

Lies, all beats have no clarity at all compared to other headphones and a bad bass for its price 😧

rye017
Level 7
I use Sound Blaster's Tactic 3D Omega wireless. Pricey but sound quality is really good. Good reviews from the internet too.