Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Transformer Book T100 Won't Boot

mbsobelman
Level 7
Bios version: 304

CPU: Intel Atom Z3740 @ 1.33GHz

Memory amount in GB: 2GB

GPU: Intel Integrated (My best guess is 4000)

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: One 64GB SSD

AC Adapter: Stock ASUS adapter, M/N: W12-010N3A

Operating system: Windows 8.1 (I try to keep it as updated as I can, last update was about a week ago?) Microsoft Activated: yes

Drivers Installed (include version and especially any non-ASUS approved notebook drivers):
Stock drivers, can't really get pass bios, so idk mostly

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed:
CoreTemp is setup only to read temps, same settings as on my G55

System Overclocked (provide details)?
No

Any hardware upgraded?
No

Issue (In addition to the problem description please let us know if the problems started recently and if you remember changing anything around the same time, etc.)

Starting this morning, every time I boot the laptop I am greeted either with the bios or with this screen:

No matter what I try I can't get passed this. I can't boot recovery discs, because I have no CD drive, and I cannot get to the Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] screen (I press F9 but it just throws me either to the BIOS or to the above screen). I have yet to see the ASUS logo. I tried to boot a small linux distro from USB, but this failed due to BIOS restrictions (ie asus has a locked bootloader).

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for providing all the details and screenshot. Sorry for the delay.

Anyway, you probably have seen it, but if necessary, contact your local ASUS support to troubleshoot and send it back for repair if you can't find a better solution: http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

A few more ideas to try are below.

1. You really want to get to the 'advanced startup' menu at boot-up to either try getting into Windows Safe Mode, go back to an earlier System Restore point (if available), or 'refresh' or 'reset' your PC if you aren't worried about erasing everything.
Sounds like you are not seeing it, but Windows may sometimes automatically boot up to the advanced startup menu after a few failed boot-ups.

2. If the system is giving you a chance to restart instead of shutdown when the error appears, try holding the 'shift' key as it restarts to check if the advanced startup menu appears.
It may not work in this situation, but normally you can get into advanced startup by holding the shift key when you restart Win8/8.1.

3. Not sure how much this will help, but alternatively, if you want to see the boot menu, try tapping the Escape key as the system restarts or as soon as you power-up, but it can be tough to catch if you don't tap it just right.
If you can see the boot menu, try creating a Win8 'repair disk' on a USB drive with another system if available to hopefully access those other troubleshooting options.

Good luck!

Simona
Level 7
Hello. The problem I' ve started to have frequently with my Asus Transformer Book T100TA is that there are times when it doesn't boot. The process starts, the Asus logo appears and then, only a black screen that stays like that forever. All I can do is to force a shutdown using the power button and try again, but it the same thing could also happen on the second or third try. Other times, after the Asus logo appears, it simply shuts down.
Is there something I can do?
I would be grateful for any suggestion might help me, because apart from that, it's working just fine...

CPU: Intel Atom Z3740 @ 1.33GHz, 64G,windows 8.1
Bios version: 304