cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97 Software (Sonic Studio) question

lowquality
Level 7
Hi,

I just built my first pc. Everything is perfect so far, except for asus software support which is horrid.
When I bought the motherboard I was also interested in the audio software suite.
The only thing that was on my computer after the install was Sonic Radar and it directs me to Sonic Studio. I can't seem to find Sonic Studio on the mobo DVD and I really want it for the virtual surround (I have invested in audio as well).

My relevant specs: Asus Maximus Hero VII
17 REPLIES 17

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sonic Radar is for gaming. In certain FPS and similar you get a HUD that shows you where the enemy is based on the sound. Is not much help when you are in a crazy fire fight with lots of people but has its advantages when sneaking around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysfm53V7QBw

This video may help.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

lowquality
Level 7
I know this.

What I'm asking is why there is no Sonic Studio on my computer or where I can find it (did it come on the included dvd?)
I want the HRTF DSP from it.
Also, I forgot to mention I am using optical out.

Tyvm

HiVizMan
Level 40
Does the video not indicate how to access the Studio interface? I will check and get back to you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The software is on the DVD that comes with your motherboard. Or at least that is what I have just been told.

Could you do a quick explore of the DVD it may not be part of the automatic install option.

lowquality
Level 7

These are the screenshots I made of the content of the DVD.
Can't find it! Any idea's?

lowquality
Level 7
NVM I found out what the problem is.

I connected my optical out to my DAC and then headphone AMP.
Problem is your motherboard can't process the DSP then output it digitally through toslink.
This is kind of a bummer, I'll have to get a soundcard now.
Unless you release new drivers/software. Hope you will forward this to some team or do something with this information.

Workaround/solution: connect a 3.5mm jack in any port and change the afterwards available settings. They will (so it appears) pass through to the optical out. Please fix this

Thanks

lowquality
Level 7
bump...

Just for the sake of a moderator reading it, and so other people with the same issue might come upon it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for the information I will pass it on to the software guys.

Raja
Level 13
This cannot be changed. The hardware IC used for Sonic Studio works in the analog domain and there is no way to pass that back to the codec for digital output, sorry.

Most of the time, receivers have their own surround modes, profiles and even equalizer taps for users to manipulate sound - the target audience for this feature is for user that have speakers or headsets connected directly to the analog outputs from the motherboard.