cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Deluxe Bios Update brome RAID 0 Arrays

DrexelDragon
Level 7
Hello everyone,

First post here. I need some assistance. I updated my bios to the newest version and after both of my RAID 0 Arrays come back as broken and show "failed" in the BIOS. I have two Samsung 840 evos in one array and two Seagate Barracudas in the other array. I tried reverting the bios back but it did nothing.

Is there any way to recover from this? Thanks all.
4 REPLIES 4

ERIU-OC
Level 7
unfortunately...no
if you go and update your bios any RAID config will be lost (that's a common issue), RAID 0 can't be recovered if it's failed once.
Raid 1 for example can be recovered, if it's failed after bios update just create it and the data will still be there.
hope you have a backup, if not always keep in mind to Backup your system first before going to take any deep actions like bios changes...

ERIU-OC wrote:
unfortunately...no
if you go and update your bios any RAID config will be lost (that's a common issue), RAID 0 can't be recovered if it's failed once.
Raid 1 for example can be recovered, if it's failed after bios update just create it and the data will still be there.
hope you have a backup, if not always keep in mind to Backup your system first before going to take any deep actions like bios changes...

I am extremely upset on this issue. I just updated my X99 Deluxe to 1103 and RAID0 Array no longer valid. Sense when updating BIOS crashing Arrays ?> I mean I've been updating Bios and had Same RAID0 Array sense X58 system (P6T Deluxe) and this is first time I am hearing this. Also as a tech I do a lot of update and honestly only time Array got messed up is when that was my mistake and I knew that. Now this is totally unacceptable and NO this is NOT common issue when BIOS is updating Array fails. At list it is not for me. I mean I already made a new one and re-installed everything from a backup BUT. Does this mean I no longer can / should update BIOS on my ASUS boards ? What is going on. And is there a details what exactly they did for us in X99-DELUXE BIOS 1103 ?

ERIU-OC
Level 7
well I can understand you, but you have to deal with it on the X99 deluxe for now and it's a common issue on this platform.
it can depend on the chipset and isn't a solve able problem , it can be an BIOS issue that will be fixed, who know's?
There are no detailed release notes on BIOS Versions
Best way to find out -> contact support

for me personally, it's not that of a big deal cuz I always backup my RAID and I tend to stay on a BIOS if I have no issues at all.
For now Ver. 1004 has no major issues that I can't deal with so I don't try to fix a thing that is not broken.

The_Mighty_Kill
Level 7
I have the same problem as the OP. I have a pair of Samsung EVO 500ssd in Raid 0. I can boot to my SSHD and see the array in Windows. looks completely intact. I think if the Raid firmware would load at boot, then the OS would not have any problem. The bios says
a) there are not any available drives for a raid array
*AND*
b) there is a raid array

Switching back and forth from ACHI to Raid the system asks if I want to exit without making any changes. If I exit after AHCI > Raid, the raid firmware does not load. It goes directly to the windows boot menu.

It is ridiculous. All it needs to do is load the damn raid firmware, and load the raid array that it identified in advanced setup.

and btw, backup and restore is not a solution. I still have to delete > rebuild > re-install > load drivers > restore from backup.

I have the latest as of 2/6/2015 and it will be the last time I flash an Asus mobo, and it will be the last time I -buy- an Asus mobo. There was no point in spending all that money for speed when rebuilding the system cost more time than I will ever save by running SSD in Raid0. $350 for the mobo + $500 in SSD = $850 in hardware and not to mention my time and frustration.

ASUS can fix it or #*&^ off.