cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Gene-Z IV Best BIOS for Ivy Bridge

kyldred
Level 7
Greetings fellow Republic of Gamers,

I currently have a Maximus Gene-Z IV 1155 with a Core i5-2400 CPU and a ASUS GTX 560 DCII OC GPU. The board is flashed with BIOS 0403 and I am planning an upgrade from a Sandy Bridge in the next couple days to a Ivy Bridge to support a GPU upgrade. I will be upgrading the CPU and GPU and need to know what the best BIOS is for the future configuration.

The upgrades are a Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570K retail and a new EVGA GTX 970 4GB Superclocked. I know ASUS recommends BIOS 3203 for the Ivy Bridge but BIOS 3603 is the newest. Should I upgrade to the newest or the recommended BIOS? Has anyone updated to either of these BIOS or now which one is the best for the configuration?

I know I won't be receiving the best performance from my GPU due to the limitations of the PCI Express 2.0 of the Gene-Z IV. That will be an upgrade later on but I know I had to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge at least to support the PCI Express 3.0 card. Would have also purchased the ASUS GTX 970 Strix but it is way too wide for my Corsair Air 240. Really wish they would have made that case wider! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

boozy
Level 7
The latest BIOS is always recommended. When making new software, ASUS takes into account future CPU's as well as bug fixes. I would try the latest BIOS and work your way back if you run into issues.

Grab it here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_IV_GENEZ/HelpDesk_Download/

Make sure you read the read-me for the file, in case it needs a special rename to flash properly. Good luck!
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene v1903. CPU: Intel I7-3770K at 5ghz. RAM: G.SKILL TridentX 16GB at 2400mhz. GPU: ASUS STRIX 980. SSD: Intel 520 in RAID0. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.

Thank you very much for the reply! I downloaded the latest and flashed the board as per the instructions. Followed all the steps from my motherboard manual and the Asus BIOS download page for that particular BIOS and all is well! Have a code of AA and everything works like a charm! Thanks!