cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to ROG and starting my research....

Gdog
Level 7
The short and sweet of it is I am shopping for a 15 or 17 inch laptop and need to find what models are preferred vs. stay away from. I will be purchasing pre-owned and will probably cap cost at $1000.00 or less. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
G
3 REPLIES 3

AppleofmyDroid
Level 7
hi there i dont know much about preowned but i do know alot of people have had issues with the G750jm and g751jm(newer model) and something called optimus the JT and JY models seem fine it really depends on what you plan on doing the 15 inch laptops are a great choice just know they dont have as good as air flow as their 17 inch counterparts so if u plan on heaving gaming then i would recommend a 17inch over a 15 inch i saw a 17inch at bestbuy in person and it really wasnt that big to me i thought it would be bigger than it was. hope this helps feel free to ask me anymore questions you may have

Honestly, if you want to really save money. It is better to buy brand new. It might not be cheap at first but if you going to calculate the maintenance that you'll spend in pre-owned computer. Sometimes you tend to spend more money in pre-owned computer than brand new.

To be honest I am not buying it to game on. In my experience the gaming laptops are just far sturdier / built with better hardware than the normal laptops. Keyboards amd mouse buttons to be specific. They also seem to have higher performance components in them. I agree that new would be better by far with the warranty and all. I think a 15 inch is what I am leaning towards just due to the weight factor. Has anyone found the best source for these from a price and service perspective?
Thanks
G