cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 250 OC 2 gb ddr3

Espiga
Level 7
well my Graphic card already comes overclocked from factory but i want to know if i can put more clock that it already have
6 REPLIES 6

elesde
Level 10
Afaik just about any card can be overclocked although usually only a few % on the core without adding more voltage to it.
In your case I would suggest trying to overclock the memory as well since it is kind of a bottleneck on that card.

well i already had seen a forum about this card and with gpu tweak if i put more clock the voltage and the memory overclocked alone
they said to overclock at 1157 Mhz at max
i just want to know if i can put more than that

elesde
Level 10
The chip itself should be able to go up to 1200 depending if you got a good sample or not.

Honestly though I would not try going too high. The cooler looks to be barely up to the task + as mentioned before the card is severely limited by the available memory bandwidth (28GB/s on DDR3 vs. 73GB/s on GDDR5).

Espiga
Level 7
ok thanks but i asked around and if i change the cooler i can go at 1200
what do you think?

elesde
Level 10
Yea sure you can always try to go as high as possible clock wise 😄

Don't know if the card is voltage locked or not, my bet would be it is though.
If it isn't be very careful with increasing the voltage. The VRMs don't have any heatsinks and the card itself gets all its power from the PCIe slot so there might be a chance to damage your motherboard.

Before changing the cooler I would try finding the maximum clock on the stock cooler with the fan set to 100% and close monitoring of the GPU/VRM temperatures under load.

ok thx i will do that 😉