cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero Windows 10 Driver Issue

Jim_O
Level 7
So I wanted to do a fresh install for Windows 10. I went to the Maximus Vii Hero driver and download page to download the drivers
to a USB so I could have them. Well I noticed there was no driver's for LAN and USB. I called Asus support. They told me that they did
know there was not drivers listed for LAN and USB. She stated that there not sure if there is going to be drivers listed for them. She stated to roll back to Windows 7 because the Maximus Vii Hero is not fully supported for Windows 10. I then asked why they advertise that it is Windows 10 ready on website. She then stated to RMA lol. So can someone point me to the right LAN and USB drivers for this board.
6 REPLIES 6

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Windows 8 and beyond do USB 3.0 natively. There are no Intel USB drivers for Windows 10 - Windows supplies them.

Also for LAN, though there are Windows 10 versions available directly from Intel, the Windows supplied versions are fine.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Jim_O
Level 7
Thank you geneo. I did not know about the USB 3.0. I have only used Windows 7. Was waiting on these drivers before I did a fresh install of Windows 10. Guess I don't need them then.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
You have to upgrade first to get the free license. Then you can fresh install. The upgrade didn't go well for me, lots of issues, but a fresh install is working great.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Jim_O
Level 7
I did the upgrade first. With the upgrade I was getting a lot of critical error's in event viewer as well as 2 BSOD's. Did fresh install last night and its working great. Now just to find GPU Tweak for windows 10.

Captain_Kittens
Level 7
What is the outcome of this? I know you said it was running fine but that was right after the install. How is it running now that its been a few months? I upgraded to Win 10 from 7 a little over a week ago (as well as updated to the newest BIOS) and I am getting BSOD's while gaming in Win 10. Would you recommend doing a fresh install of Win 10 or should I revert back to 7?

My pc was problem-free before the Win 10 and BIOS update and I figure its one or the other causing me problems.

coyi1895
Level 10
Clean install is always recommended over upgrade. The November update v1511 10586 which was pulled from the Microsoft website is back up now to download