cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max7 Hero bios Version 2702

Heini
Level 11
Today I received a new Max7 Hero with bios Version 2702. When I get my current build's hardware moved over is there any real benefit in updating the bios to the newest (2801) version?
5 REPLIES 5

Conners
Level 9
Heini wrote:
Today I received a new Max7 Hero with bios Version 2702. When I get my current build's hardware moved over is there any real benefit in updating the bios to the newest (2801) version?

Here what the 2801 does...

1.Revise help string in BIOS.
2.Improve system stability.

I personally prefer running the latest version., some do not for various reasons. I would say it a personal choice to run the new bios. Run it if it gives you fits you can always flash back to the older one. I would however save a copy of your current bios settings to a usb stick in case you want to go back.
Good Luck!

Quixote
Level 7
Heini wrote:

I've found 2801 to be generally fine. Though, I do suspect it might have something to do with my ROG Front Base Panel's being no longer able to display the CPU Frequency (I am not 100% sure about this). If that is in fact true, I wish they'd fix that glitch. I believe it might have been working just fine before I updated to 2801. Other than that, it runs smoothly for my M7F.

ksmter
Level 7
2702 works fine for me except for the double boot after AC power loss, sadly this seems to be normal.
BUT i hate this, i wonder if it's disappeared in 2801 or any other versions.

Costas
Level 10
The 'double boot' after AC power loss is entirely normal and a requirement for the board to initialise correctly.

It is not a fault...

Heini
Level 11
Thanks folks, I'll run on the pre-loaded bios. Gotta remind myself some times that..... "If it aint broke.....".