cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene-Z having crashing issues PLZ HELP!!

Hard2Kill
Level 7
Hi everyone this is my first post here, I am glad there is a community that can help with problems and some of the sticky's on here are good reading but before I can start thinking about overclocking I need to address some issues that I am having with this new build.

Here are some of the issues I am facing at the moment, after doing a fresh install of Windows7 Ultimate onto my SSD I have then proceeded to install all the drivers of the ASUS CD that came with the motherboard first, then the ATI drivers

Updated windows7 and flashed the BIOS to 0403, then installed the latest Intel RST drivers only to find I am having the same issue as before, after gaming for about 5mins or sometimes when a video on youtube is about to load the computer just crashes, no blue screen instead it is a blue screen with dark blue horizontal lines running in parallel with each other, which at the moment makes it impossible to do any gaming at all found myself playing counterstrike as this is all that seems to work:mad:

I dont have the HDMI cable into the iGPU at the moment I know that there are newer BIOS versions out there just thought I would try the 0403 one first what am I missing here any help would be greatly appreciated.
Intel i72600k@4.6-1.39v, ASUS Maximus IV Gene-z, 8GB 1866mhz G-Skill Ripjaws @2133mhz9-10-11-28 T2,MSI GTX680@1192/+550memclock/stock voltage, Thermaltake Level10GT, Corsair H100, Antec HighCurrentGamer900W PSU, Intel 310series 120GB SSD, 2x2TB Samsung spinpoint F3's,NZXT Sentry2
13 REPLIES 13

red454
Level 11
I have no problems with version 0403. Your sig shows two 6870's. Have you tried with just one?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

Tried removing the gfx card same thing is happening any ideas? RAM is running at suggested voltages 1.5v nothing has been o/c and I also set the default settings for my gfx cards, am going to try and set up iGPU to see if that does anything will try running with just the one stick of RAM and see if that has an effect.

I also just noticed after running 3DMARK11 it stated that I was running of the Intel HD Graphics 3000 (i7) is this were my problem lies? is the iGPU or Lucid drivers I installed interfering with the ATI drivers somehow?

Any other suggestions would be a great help.
Intel i72600k@4.6-1.39v, ASUS Maximus IV Gene-z, 8GB 1866mhz G-Skill Ripjaws @2133mhz9-10-11-28 T2,MSI GTX680@1192/+550memclock/stock voltage, Thermaltake Level10GT, Corsair H100, Antec HighCurrentGamer900W PSU, Intel 310series 120GB SSD, 2x2TB Samsung spinpoint F3's,NZXT Sentry2

Almightydutch
Level 7
I'd be inclined to load up BIOS 0902 mate. Seems much the more stable to me although I'm wondering if it reports Core temps slightly high but rock solid for GFX

Hard2Kill
Level 7
My temps vary with the AISUITE and with Realtemp not sure which one is accurate both are acceptable levels though does anyone else think the 0902 BIOS is going to help?

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you are going to monitor temps please only have one application open at a time. Two running similtaniously just messes things up occasionsly and then you have neither reading the temps correctly.

Have you checked with the AMD support site, I recall that what you are describing happened with a particular release of CCC a hotfix was published. The problem does sound (as you have described) to be a driver issue relating to the GPU's

Please let us know if the visit to AMD support and or updating to the latest drivers sorts the problem out. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi thanks for the reply,
I downloaded the latest CCC drivers and installed them during install I got an BSOD so restarted uninstalled CCC then tried to reinstall the latest CCC and all drivers that comes with it finished the install, downloaded latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable patch and found by running 3DMark11 it gives a good indication wether or not the problem is still there as it has been BSOD or just freezing on a certain part of the test, so ran 3DMARK11 and it is still freezing, but it does not seem to be doing it now in a few games I have run (MW3,Skyrim) which is atleast an improvement.
Like you said and reading the information on the ATI website this does seem to be a problem with the GPU or its drivers which is good news for me as next week I am picking up an GTX590 I am having far too much trouble with these cards.
Should I still flash the BIOS to the latest anyways?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would ensure that my system is running at fail safe defaults and flash the BIOS to the latest version.

Once that is successfully done, if at all possible do a full clean install of your OS.

If not possible, then use safe mode to completely remove all the old graphic drivers. Reboot into OS and install the latest drivers (CCC) you now should have a driver set that is un-tainted by previous or older drivers that could be causing conflicts.

BSOD error codes are quite handy so if possible post the stop codes here and lets see if they provide any clues as to the way forward. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

OK since the last set f problems I decided to dump my xfire setup and purchased a new GTX590 which has brought upon its own set of new problems:mad:

I uninstalled all the old drivers then used driver sweeper to clean out any remaining foldersm, also uninstalling them from device manager.

Next I installed the latest version of drivers from the NVIDIA site only to find that I am stuck in safe mode resolutions for my screen I cant access the NVIDIA control panel as it is saying " You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU ". In device manager it states that
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ".

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled about 6 different versions of drivers from NVIDIA including the latest BETA drivers which all have the same issue??????
I have also gone to the MSI site and downloaded their latest recommended drivers for the GTX590 which are the only ones that seem to work as in it fixes the screen to the proper resolution and lets me into the NVIDIA control panel yet after about 10-15 mins the screen will go black or the computer will just freeze:mad::mad:
I have noticed a few others out there experiencing the same problem but no fixes as of yet any ideas??

Do yourself a favor, disable and uninstall that lucid virtu crap, go to uefi and in advanced tab there is a 'system agent configuration' then go "initiate iGPU" change that to disabled. Btw it would be better if you had updated uefi before installing windows and intel rst drivers.
Maximus IV Extreme-Z @ P67 Sabertooth (Great Mobo)
i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz @ i5 2500k stock
PNY GTX 680 @ MSI GTX 670 PE/OC 1215 Stock Boost
Corsair AX850 @ 850TX
Asus 'Sata' DVD-RW
Intel 330 120gb ssd @ Pny 120gb ssd @ Intel 330 60gb ssd
1x1TB Samsung SATA III 6GB/S @ 3x2TB Western Digital Green 6GB/s (SATA III)
Corsair Vengeance 8gb cl9 Low Profile Dimms
Dell U2412M 1920x1200 60hz @ Samsung 2233rz 1680x1050 120hz
Fractal Design Define XL @ Corsair Obisidian 550D