cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL702ZC Upgraded to Amd Ryzen 1700,"New CPU installed, reset fTPM" message

LoneWolf2
Level 7
Hi guys,
I got my laptop with ryzen 5 1600 then i upgraded it to ryzen 1700 no X.
Now on every start up after the ryzen logo it shows me

New cpu installed
Press Y to reset fTPM...
Or
Press N to keep previous fTPM...

I have tested all but the message comimg again up on every boot i installed a new ssd soon an have make a clean install from windows but nothing changed 😞
Can you help me gyus
2 REPLIES 2

lss41771
Level 7
LoneWolf2 wrote:
Hi guys,
I got my laptop with ryzen 5 1600 then i upgraded it to ryzen 1700 no X.
Now on every start up after the ryzen logo it shows me

New cpu installed
Press Y to reset fTPM...
Or
Press N to keep previous fTPM...

I have tested all but the message comimg again up on every boot i installed a new ssd soon an have make a clean install from windows but nothing changed 😞
Can you help me gyus

The Ryzen CPU has a built-in PSP (Platform Security Processor) which provisions the fTPM service. When you replace the CPU, from the message, it looks like you've been given the option to either keep the old fTPM, or start over.

This function and its configurations are present in BIOS, but not made available for user modification, so I'm not certain what's exactly going on. Any more details on this? Are you allowed to ignore this, or that it asked you the same question over regardless of what you chose? Plus, do you experience any issues within the OS after booting to the system with this message showing up?

Guess there definitely are something in it that might cause problems when replacing the CPU, and I'm interested in any official troubleshooting guides about this matter (if there ever will be one), especially given the 2nd-generation Ryzen CPUs are coming out and this laptop should in theory has no issues upgrading (if feasible).

Hi, I know this thread is old but I am having the same issue, does anyone have an idea how to solve it