Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gorpo View Post
    What is considered "stable"?

With RAM parameters set by D.O.C.P. I ran mprime (prime95) blend test and it failed after 7 hours. I've been running the small FFT test for 11 hours and counting -- no error so far. mprime's documentation suggests that the combination of failing the blend test and not failing small FFT test would indicate memory stability issues.

Aside from the mprime fail, I haven't noticed problems in using the system. But it still bugs me.
    I purchased one kit of F4-3200C14D-32GVK which is essentially the sam as GTZ with a different spreaders. But I haven't been able to pass IBT AVX at very high beyond 2 passes. I am using safe timings/settings from Ryzen DRAM Calc. The ram is dual rank Samsung B Die, which I confirmed from Typhoon. I am wondering how to get it to stabilize, which settings to play with?

Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by i_max View Post
    I purchased one kit of F4-3200C14D-32GVK which is essentially the sam as GTZ with a different spreaders. But I haven't been able to pass IBT AVX at very high beyond 2 passes. I am using safe timings/settings from Ryzen DRAM Calc. The ram is dual rank Samsung B Die, which I confirmed from Typhoon. I am wondering how to get it to stabilize, which settings to play with?

Thanks
    I'll post back if I figure out how to get it stable. So far I tried increasing the DRAM current limit (I think that's what it was called) from 100% to 110%, since that setting had a comment that current-intensive stress tests might require raising this limit. I also tried 1.355V DRAM voltage. No luck so far in terms of stress tests, although again, I've had no issues (yet) in actual use. It did pass over 24 hours of mprime blend test with the stock JEDEC settings (2133MT/s, 1.2V, CL15, etc), so at least I know the RAM works fine...

Btw, could you post a screenshot of your results from Ryzen DRAM Calc? I'm using linux and can't run Thaiphoon.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array lightknightrr PC Specs
    lightknightrr PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen-7 1800X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
    Sound CardHT Omega eClaro
    MonitorSamsung 4K
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseThermaltake Chaser Mk-1 (Modified)
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM600 Dual Sided Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM
    Accessory #1 Firewire Expansion Card
    Accessory #2 Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K
    Accessory #3 Mailiya USB 3.0 5-Port Expansion Card

Yep, Corsair Link software was the problem. System has been rock stable since.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array lightknightrr PC Specs
    lightknightrr PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen-7 1800X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
    Sound CardHT Omega eClaro
    MonitorSamsung 4K
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseThermaltake Chaser Mk-1 (Modified)
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM600 Dual Sided Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM
    Accessory #1 Firewire Expansion Card
    Accessory #2 Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K
    Accessory #3 Mailiya USB 3.0 5-Port Expansion Card

Wh00p, just checked the voltage: I set it for 1.345, not that other number (which would fry things).

ROG Junior Member Array

I'll post back if I figure out how to get it stable. So far I tried increasing the DRAM current limit (I think that's what it was called) from 100% to 110%, since that setting had a comment that current-intensive stress tests might require raising this limit. I also tried 1.355V DRAM voltage. No luck so far in terms of stress tests, although again, I've had no issues (yet) in actual use. It did pass over 24 hours of mprime blend test with the stock JEDEC settings (2133MT/s, 1.2V, CL15, etc), so at least I know the RAM works fine...

Btw, could you post a screenshot of your results from Ryzen DRAM Calc? I'm using linux and can't run Thaiphoon.
    So I had to clear my cmos, and after loading all settings again, I have it 10 IBT AVX runs at Very High Stable, I ran HCI Memtest for a shot period, but it didn't fail. I have attached my current settings. Give them a try, a noted change I tried was to have a low SoC voltage of 1.025v, which in the system shows to be under 1.019v at max, during IBT it didn't go over 1.012v, which seems to indicate the memory was stable at lower voltage then the higher volts I had been trying around 1.16v.

When I'm running AIDA64, I'm not getting the results I was expecting Memory read/write around 25000Mbps , I was expecting close to double, running the Memory and latency benchmark.
    Archivos Adjuntos

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by neikosr0x View Post
    Well, dont know exactly why my cpu is boosting up to 4.741 even on all cores... and 4.45 most of the time when boosting.

Also manage to get the RAM to work at 3600mhz

16-16-16-16-35-58 2T 1.425v till now it seems stable.
    HWMonitor is showing excessive CPU boosting as BCLK was readback skewed, when it wasn't.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R7 2700X - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3533MHz C14 DC - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Enthusiast Array

So I had to clear my cmos, and after loading all settings again, I have it 10 IBT AVX runs at Very High Stable, I ran HCI Memtest for a shot period, but it didn't fail. I have attached my current settings. Give them a try, a noted change I tried was to have a low SoC voltage of 1.025v, which in the system shows to be under 1.019v at max, during IBT it didn't go over 1.012v, which seems to indicate the memory was stable at lower voltage then the higher volts I had been trying around 1.16v.

When I'm running AIDA64, I'm not getting the results I was expecting Memory read/write around 25000Mbps , I was expecting close to double, running the Memory and latency benchmark.
    Thanks, I'll give those memory settings a try at some point. I haven't tried changing SoC voltage yet, but I did read that lower can be better.

For memory read/write and stress testing I've started using Google's stressapptest (no AIDA64 on linux). With 2133MT/s JEDEC settings it was showing ~25GB/s, and at 3200MT/s DOCP it's ~37GB/s (~50% increase). Over a 5-6 hour test, stressapptest reported 0 errors. Doing another mprime blend test now since 3.5 hours and no error yet.

At the moment I am using Performance Enhancer level 3 (OC). I wish I knew what settings it changes, as the performance is better, but at similar power draw and similar or somewhat hotter temps. I suspect it undervolts better, since I got better results when I tried that before. In BIOS I noticed its vcore range from <1V to 1.34V, but I can't see vcore when I'm stress testing. It also boosts up to 4.35GHz up to 2 cores, 4.30-4.35GHz in 4 cores, and 4.11GHz all cores. Under the mprime blend test (all cores, 4.12GHz), it's at 76C after an initial spike to 79C, with ambient 25C right now. UPS reports 261W being drawn by the entire system + monitor (TV). I'm not sure if or how level 3 affects memory.

I don't know yet if I want to run the unknown level 3 indefinitely. I might try undervolting to see the impact on performance and temperatures later. All this testing does take a lot of time. And previously BIOS crashed on me a lot. At least it's been ok lately.

I must say I do like how responsive the system feels even during a stress test.

ROG Junior Member Array

Thanks, I'll give those memory settings a try at some point. I haven't tried changing SoC voltage yet, but I did read that lower can be better.

For memory read/write and stress testing I've started using Google's stressapptest (no AIDA64 on linux). With 2133MT/s JEDEC settings it was showing ~25GB/s, and at 3200MT/s DOCP it's ~37GB/s (~50% increase). Over a 5-6 hour test, stressapptest reported 0 errors. Doing another mprime blend test now since 3.5 hours and no error yet.

At the moment I am using Performance Enhancer level 3 (OC). I wish I knew what settings it changes, as the performance is better, but at similar power draw and similar or somewhat hotter temps. I suspect it undervolts better, since I got better results when I tried that before. In BIOS I noticed its vcore range from <1V to 1.34V, but I can't see vcore when I'm stress testing. It also boosts up to 4.35GHz up to 2 cores, 4.30-4.35GHz in 4 cores, and 4.11GHz all cores. Under the mprime blend test (all cores, 4.12GHz), it's at 76C after an initial spike to 79C, with ambient 25C right now. UPS reports 261W being drawn by the entire system + monitor (TV). I'm not sure if or how level 3 affects memory.

I don't know yet if I want to run the unknown level 3 indefinitely. I might try undervolting to see the impact on performance and temperatures later. All this testing does take a lot of time. And previously BIOS crashed on me a lot. At least it's been ok lately.

I must say I do like how responsive the system feels even during a stress test.
    I realized the issue for my low scores, the memory was not seated in the right slots for dual channel.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I realized the issue for my low scores, the memory was not seated in the right slots for dual channel.
    Oops. What's the AIDA64 read/write score now? And can you compare with stressapptest?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok. Completed 26+ hours of mprime blend test with no errors. CPB, PBO enabled, PE set to level 3 OC, RAM at 3200 DOCP.

Is there any way to know what level 3 changes/overrides? I think the same config as above but with PE on level 2 had failed mprime.

Happy with the performance. 4.35GHz on up to 4 cores, 4.11GHz all cores. Temps are a bit high. Worst part is temps spike easily, meaning that browsing on media rich pages can spike above 55-65C momentarily, spinning up the fans hard.

y-cruncher failed on its 3rd iteration of tests, specifically on N64, when it somehow spiked to 96C. It was so brief it didn't even register on the temp plot on psensor, but the max temp counter shows 96C..

Next I might either noting the DOCP timings and trying the Ryzen Calc timings, or start reducing voltages/temps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast