cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503 slow after factory reset?

jarryal
Level 7
Recently, my laptop has been acting up lately. Since I've been having issues with it for some time now, I've decided to just factory reset the laptop; however, it didn't fix any issues, and it may have created new ones. I've noticed quite a number of issues, such as:

1. It takes several minutes for the right click menu to load up

2. My audio driver's aren't working despite multiple rollbacks/updates

3. Most apps I download crash/stop responding

4. Almost every game I download (ex. tekken, fortnite, bayonetta) lags consistently even though it never used to be an issue when the laptop was still relatively new.

Is this a problem I can fix myself? Or do I have to send my laptop back to Asus? Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

kevinxu8
Level 7
i have gl503 also, i dont know why since day one everything is slow too, looking forward to solve this problem

FastM
Level 8
So first question are you guys booting off a old spinning platter HDD or is the system running on a SSD drive?

second, factory resets suck. backup the eSupport folder for driver installation and do a clean format. If your still having trouble after that then you'll know something else is going on with your system vs just typical bloated factory images.

FastM wrote:
So first question are you guys booting off a old spinning platter HDD or is the system running on a SSD drive?

second, factory resets suck. backup the eSupport folder for driver installation and do a clean format. If your still having trouble after that then you'll know something else is going on with your system vs just typical bloated factory images.

It's an HDD drive. I've actually done a clean format before which lead to a Location Not Available error. I fixed that issue for the most part, but the issue is that my laptop is still being slow. So with that being said, could it possibly be an issue with the laptop itself?

jarryal wrote:
It's an HDD drive. I've actually done a clean format before which lead to a Location Not Available error. I fixed that issue for the most part, but the issue is that my laptop is still being slow. So with that being said, could it possibly be an issue with the laptop itself?

sometimes i wonder if its the SSHD, i just did a system reset yesterday wiped out everything too still slow.. maybe its time for SSD