cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a Z370 board that runs with a storage unit each M.2 slot

RLGL123
Level 7
Basically I had 2 Prime zZ370-A that would not run right. The first stripped all the data from all connected storage units. The second slowed to a crawl when anything was plugged into sata 3 or 4. So the question is : did I get two bad boards or is there a flaw in the architecture of the board.. I noticed that other similar Asus boards use the same bios files. Are they affected? I had the first board for 10 days and the second for 6 days. I am debating on weather to get a different board from Asus or consider a different brand. Comments please!
4 REPLIES 4

georgiadoesmith
Level 7
I have a Strix Z370-G with both M.2 slots populated, each with a 960 Pro nvme.

ftln46
Level 9
Maximus X Hero here with both m.2 populated with x2 Samsung PM961 1TB Raid 0, slots are configured at x4 and this disables sata 5&6. I have two Hynix SSD 512 running in raid 0 on Sata 2&3 with no issues.

Sometimes when overclocking the nvme raid array will fail, I have to rebuild and then restore the raid array with a system image (image is stored locally on the ssd raid 0) and takes a couple of minutes to resotre 260 gigabytes.

F0x135
Level 8
Z370-F owner here. I just installed 2 Saumsung 970 evos over the weekend.

Besides the 'teething' issues of migrating to nvme from an ssd with mbr, frustrated that slot m.2_1 where my OS is wasn't being detected, i eventually got it all up and running. No issues with both NVME's, all full speed as well on the Sata ports 0/2/3/4.

F0x135 wrote:
Z370-F

frustrated that slot m.2_1 where my OS is wasn't being detected, 0/2/3/4.

That was part of my issues, I decided to try a board from the other side, Asrock. The set up was plug and play.