cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini ITX build, don't ignore the small wonders!

JeffMD
Level 7
So my newest build (And probably last case, for myself anyways) is in a mini ITX case because I just want to get smaller and smaller (I have a gaming laptop, but you can't beat a desktop at cost and upgrades). Thanks to Asus aura I was able to really bring some lights together.

The fans are only rbg plates so they have some limited functions controlled by the case, but the rest of the lights are addressable. I'll be looking into how I can expand this in the future. Need to find some addressable fan plates because I use only the best low noise fans so that means no generic led fans.

Also heres to more lighting effects in the future from asus!

1 REPLY 1

Vlada011
Level 10
Great, small cases attract me more and more.
But compatibility with all motherboard form factors is priority.
Lian Li PC-Q37 for me is example nicest Mini ITX Case, but I'm sure I will not switch to Mini ITX until someone, somehow install second x1 or x4 PCI-E slot for dedicate sound card.

I have very bad speakers at home 5.1 old Creative system but very rear people who look movies and watch youtube clips not ask me how is sound so good, voice so clean...
Because 250$ worth sound card... Imagine than Audioengine A5+ connected to D1 DAC and DAC conntect to SBZXR with Optical cable...

That's reason why mATX is lowest I go and next speakers need to be active and to support as possible optical connector.
But it's much better when on table is small case with great performance than huge case with same performance.

Good PCI-E sound card and good active speakers 2 or even better 2+ central and you have impression that listen 500$ worth Bookshelf on 500$ AV Reciver.