cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z370 maximus x code-issue with bios not saving led setting

krubs
Level 7
I have come across an issue where the bios won't remember my setting to disable motherboard LEDs when in sleep/off state (OFF setting). It works on the first shut down, and turns off the lights, then after restarting it resets the setting back to 'ON' and the lights remain on when pc is asleep/off. Any ideas? I am running the latest bios version.

6 REPLIES 6

Phillyflyer
Level 10
krubs wrote:
I have come across an issue where the bios won't remember my setting to disable motherboard LEDs when in sleep/off state (OFF setting). It works on the first shut down, and turns off the lights, then after restarting it resets the setting back to 'ON' and the lights remain on when pc is asleep/off. Any ideas? I am running the latest bios version.

Have you tried enabling Erp ready setting in bios ?...I believe that the leds will turn off then in a sleep state.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

I don't like using the ErP settings because it causes the PC to cold boot every time. IE turn on, turn off, turn back on to regulate the voltage and all of that.

That's also not an answer to my original question.. The setting in my picture works for what I am trying to achieve but it simply won't stick after rebooting.

Zammin
Level 9
I am having a somewhat related issue in that when I try to set my MX Code to any lighting effect other than colour shift under the "shut down" section of AuraSync the LEDs will all be off. When I had the MX Hero I could set it to breathing or static on shut down and it worked fine. Not sure what the deal is with the Code.

Zammin wrote:
I am having a somewhat related issue in that when I try to set my MX Code to any lighting effect other than colour shift under the "shut down" section of AuraSync the LEDs will all be off. When I had the MX Hero I could set it to breathing or static on shut down and it worked fine. Not sure what the deal is with the Code.

Same here. I cannot change the shut down setting with Aura either.

Zammin
Level 9
For some reason last night it finally started working lol.. No idea what the deal was before. Weird.

I figured out what the issue was. It was an issue with Aura Sync overwriting my BIOS setting to turn the LEDs off on sleep/off states. When I tried to change the sync at shutdown setting in Aura it wouldn't budge from the rainbow setting, and every time I hit apply it wouldn't work. So I uninstalled Aura Sync and changed the bios setting again, and it appears to be working now.