cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x470-i 2700x boot problem?

itsjustbrian199
Level 7
So i built a new mini itx pc and everything is running ok. But my problem is that when i power on the pc, it takes 20 seconds on black screen, and then it goes to splash logo like a normal boot. Every cold boot i do does the same thing. Its not the memory because i replaced it with corsair vengeance pro rgb 3200mhz cl14 (old was 3000mhz cl15).
My current boot drive is WD black nvme 500gb with 1TB M.2 3d wd blue ssd for storing games. Also running evga gtx 1080 ti FTW3. The 2700x is being cooled with corsair hydro h100i pro rgb aio.

Now i can't seem to wonder why every cold boot does the 20 second black screen. All drivers are up to date and there isn't any thermal throttling not that i can notice.

Any help is appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
This happens after you have a full power down yes?

You can enable in bios the option to not pause at start up, or show the splash screen. It does speed up the boot process but makes getting into bios interesting if you ever want to do so later.

Double boot is normal as the system is retraining memory and enabling the handshake with hardware. It checks to see if anything has been added during the power down - is a way of thinking about it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
This happens after you have a full power down yes?

You can enable in bios the option to not pause at start up, or show the splash screen. It does speed up the boot process but makes getting into bios interesting if you ever want to do so later.

Double boot is normal as the system is retraining memory and enabling the handshake with hardware. It checks to see if anything has been added during the power down - is a way of thinking about it.

which is that? Where do I go for that?