cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Headless" Asus P104-100 is GTX1080 Turbo

gouca
Level 7
So I have a few of these "mining GPUs" that are no longer effective for mining. Now they're collecting dust at my bookshelf. ASUS' official stance seems to be that the video card has no video output, yet ASUS have decided to hide display port + HDMI outputs behind the PCI bracket. According to an extensive multimeter & PCB analysis, those video ports seem to be functional and emitting electricity. Yet the GPU is "headless", meaning display output has been killed in BIOS.

ASUS is the only manufacturer with those I/O ports on the PCB and I don't think anyone can deny the amount of waste they're creating by simply disabling the display engines in BIOS.

Is there any chance / plans to have a BIOS version with the display engines turned back on? This seems to be a simple software problem yet due to the nature of encrypted BIOS in Pascal series it seems to be an impossible task for an average user.

Regards,
Otto
2 REPLIES 2

gouca
Level 7
Update:

The GPU has 8GB of GDDR5X installed, half of which is disabled in BIOS. What are we looking at here, ASUS, and why does your engineering department refuse to give any technical documentation concerning the card?

https://imgur.com/a/5IJhqk7

Korth
Level 14
Have you tried reflashing the VBIOS on these "headless" cards?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]