cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX753VD Booting with black screen and airplane mode light.

r3k002
Level 7
Hi all

Sorry if this has been talked about but i couldn't find a fix.

Friends sons laptop has died over night, highly doubt he tried updating bios but possible i suppose.

1 month out of 1yr warranty (Blows)

It powers up, get Bulb led, Battery led, HDD led flickers, airplane led and Caps lock works. Also get a light under the power button.
I give it 20 odd seconds, hit enter, HDD led flashes more like its logging possibly. tap power button and keyboard flashes and it shuts down.

I've attached a external monitor via HDMI and nothing on that either.

Is it the bios issue i have seen people talk about?

TIA for any help.
3 REPLIES 3

r3k002
Level 7
Is this not a ROG laptop?? says so on the box?

r3k002 wrote:
Is this not a ROG laptop?? says so on the box?

It is an ASUS gaming laptop but I'm not sure it is actually classified as "Republic of Gamers" which is a specific label ASUS uses. At any rate, ASUS hasn't created a forum area for FX machines so this would be the place to discuss them when they don't fit anywhere else.

I'm not familiar with the problem you are having but it's possible a cable is loose or damaged so it might not be a BIOS issue. You could check with ASUS to see if they would do an out-of-warranty repair. It would cost money but it might be less than replacing the machine. You could also take it to a local PC shop for diagnosis and potential repair.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Ah ok, thanks for the reply.

Well i removed the mobo and rebuilt it and same thing.
Then i noticed the monitor signal cable was not constructed correctly and was trapped between the case and the hinge, crushed flat it now had a connection issue.
This dosn't really explain why an external monitor was not working but its all working ok for now. Fingers crossed it will be ok.