cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero X, BIOS 1801 - would appreciate one more profile feedback

MonarchX
Level 7
After update 1801, my 5Ghz OC @ 1.36v with AVX Offset of 2 became unstable, but 1.37v worked fine. CPU-Z always reported 1.36v at 1.375v and now 1.375v is reported at 1.385v. Such overvoltage is normal for ASUS board, but is that too much of voltage for daily gaming use?

I think I already posted my profile before, but I never reload old profiles after BIOS update (preceded and followed by full CMOS clearing/reset). Does it look alright or is something off?

Here's my BIOS profile (CMO and TXT versions). The BIOS was edited with UEFI BIOS Updater and Intel RST + Intel LAN were the only ROM's/OROM's/Firmware updated, so now Intel RST 17.X firmware/OROM matches Intel RST 17.x drivers - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwF_ffruGhdNwe1fJGefsfYIAnPPYJhb/view?usp=sharing
3 REPLIES 3

donnyboi
Level 7
Your BIOS settings are ****ed, yes, I know I hit the silicon lottery but you don't need to run 1.35v for 5.0GHz. Just look. 1.261v @5.2

I'm at 1.34 5.1/4.9 avx. Only 4.9 due to heat. So yes that's plausible. Also, there is no need to worry as long as voltages are not approaching 1.4ish and you are using adaptive over clocking so your chip isn't always turbo mode.

MonarchX
Level 7
Guitarmageddon888, I assume the reply was to previous poster not me, because I don't use adaptive and I do have it turbo-forced. My CPU can't handle 5 minutes of Prime95 at 1.26v @ 5.0Ghz (with AVX offset of 2). I did, however, discover the source of my instability. The minimum/maximum cache was the issue. I used to have it at 44/48 and after 6-8 hours of heavy Assassin's Creed Origins gameplay, there would be a freeze/lock-up or a crash, but once I grounded both values to 44, all that unstable behavior stopped with 0 performance loss.