cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS XI EXTREME - compatibility issue with dual kit Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 2x8 GB

wizzair
Level 7
Hi.
I recently build my new system but I it seems that I have this problem of incompatibility with memory sticks and I want to ask you to help me with ideas of what shoul I do to solve it. Thank you.

System:
MB: MAXMIUS XI EXTREME - UEFI 0802 latest
CPU: I9-990K
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (vers. 5.32)
PSU: CORSAIR HX850i
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB
SSD: SAMSUNG 970EVO 500GB (NVME)

I write here after I tried the following solutions, in order to make this kit of memory to run, first both sticks and then at its speed rating of 3000MHz (XMP profile):
- with the two sticks inserted in A2 and B2 slots that are primary for this MB the system won't boot and if I try with just one in A2 slot it will boot but after I change from auto to XMP II profile in UEFI my MB doesn't boot and show error code AC (Detecting memory). First time, after I build the system, this solution worked but from a day to another something (maybe some drivers or apps installed) broked the system and won't boot and received this error code AC.
- I contacted Asus assistance but they said that this kit with vers. 5.32 isn't on qvl list but the one with vers. 5.30 and this can be the problem.
- I contacted Microsoft assitance and they adviced me to install in-place upgrade of windows10 and to do some memory tests. After I did this, again I managed to boot with both sticks but the other day I had the same problem and my system won't boot.
- I tried to boot with one stick in every slot at a time to see if one is broken but no.
- I tried to boot with both sticks in single position (AI B1) and the system boot.
- I tried to boot with both sticks in single position (A2 B2) and the system won't boot. 😞
- After the win10 upgrade when the system worked with both sticks I made the Memtest86+ and no errors.

Now, when I'm writing, my system is working with both sticks of memory on A1 B1 slots (XMP II profile activated) and I want to mention that in uefi I set the DRAM Voltage to 1.500 V because I observed, after booting with one stick in slot A1, that this voltage was set auto by MB.

I hope that this instability be caused by the memory kit and not by the MB, BUT I want to be sure. It came to me very hard to detach all components and return the MB to the seller for verification.
5 REPLIES 5

mdzcpa
Level 12
Can you exchange the memory for some new memory that is on the QVL? Might be the easiest solution.

for now I can't. I'll try to find some in the near future.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
If still running into POST hangs, try setting:

XMP I

Maximus Tweak Mode 2
DRAM Voltage: 1.45
VCCSA: 1.2
VCCIO 1.15
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thanks. I'll try this. For the moment I reinstalled win10. After inplace upgrade (october 2018) sugested by Microsoft assistance, system worked with both sticks just for one day and after removing one of them my Autocad won't start (FATAL ERROR).
And I see that Asus uploaded EUFI 0702. I hope this time will work.

I managed to buy another dual kit memory - G.SKILL - F4-3200C14D-16GTZ and surprise, still not working. This time I went with my pc at the service from where I got this memory kit and after a lot of testing with 2 other memory kit the conclusion is that DIMM_B1 and DIMM_B2 slots are broken. The error code AC or CC apears when one module of memory was inserted in one of those slots :((((((( I have to return th mobo to de seller and I am very dissapointed. After all the documentation I did, Asus was on top of other brands, and still the hi end mobo Z390 has this problem. I have complained on Asus site about this and waiting for an answer.