cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bsod or driver crash on 417.35 on time spy gpu test2.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hi,my pc.
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP
Corsair 850 RmX
Asus Prime Z390-A
Aorus Rtx 2080 Ti ( stock )

Using 417.35 gpu drivers, looped Timespy graphic test 2 crashing display driver or making BSOD
on Aorus 2080 ti stock.

No oc,stock.

Using 417.71 the newest no crashing.

Is my card faulty?

no bsod, no crashinh nothing on 417.71 , so what now?

Could 417.35 merely be exposing a hardware defect in my new card or is the driver just bugged?
14 REPLIES 14

x-rated
Level 8
if there is a real hardware defect, you won't be able to fix it with driver update

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
hmmm so what to do now?

x-rated
Level 8
mmm, let me think... be happy that it wasn't a hw defect 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
You were looping the test? How well is your cast ventilated? 080Ti runs hot and TS test 2 is pretty intense.
Did you try rolling back drivers? Did you do a clean install of the drivers?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
So, 417.35 crashed but 417.71 runs fine

Seems clear to me that aliens were trying to piggy back some number crunching on your rig during your initial testing. Probably stranded here after the blood moon eclipse and needed to update telemetry and navigation prior to re calibrating their interstellar Higgs field warp drive. The additional strain is probably what led to the crashes. Looks like they stopped and left.

Or, well, it could be that the easy explanation is that the driver was the cause...but why go with that when the other possibilities are out there

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hey. I think that was a bug on drivers/or my cpu management. Because also i had lower score fps in this test gpu test 2 time spy,because intel boost was not working fine on this test.
So i use in Windows Management.HIGH PERFORMANCE and boost 4.7ghz always , no gpu load drop and no crashing,no bsod and score are fine. Also tested on 3third driver ( 416.94 ) and its fine.

Test now smooth like hell,no hitching,no drops,score fine,no crashing:)

So ok. 417.71 and 416.94 tested no issues.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hi. So 416.94 using it crash after 5 hours. Any ideas?

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
b ump

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40