cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 Qcode 00

emre42
Level 7
Hi, I have issue with my PC . I have used my pc and shutted down normally the next day morning I tried open, when I pressed power button leds and fans running normally, qcode 00 , cpu led up , pcie led 2 and 3 up , 4 flasing . after a few seconds shutted down and reopen itself then , qcode 00 , cpu led up , pcie led 2 and 3 up , 4 flasing . and its staying this position.
My PC spec is :
6900K , Rampage V Edition 10 , 4x8GB Gskill , 1080 Ti , 1250w psu .

I tried everything, bios flash back , bios switch , ln2 switch , different psu , outside case, ez plug but no way.
I also tried removing all compoments on MB (like cpu,rams,vga) and just plugged cpu and MB power plugs then pressed power button , exactly same symptom happening : qcode 00 , cpu led up , pcie led 2 and 3 up , 4 flasing.

So which one is faulty CPU or MB?
10 REPLIES 10

mindflayer
Level 7
From my understanding that's usually a dead CPU. Are there any bent pins on your motherboard socket? Were you pushing your CPU hard on voltage?

emre42
Level 7
There are no any bent pins, I have used at 1.425v 4.4ghz 7/24

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Probability is it's the CPU...unfortunately...

As a last Hail Mary you could remove power and battery from board for a few hours with all components removed including CPU...then replace battery, connect PSU....clear CMOS and then turn PSU on and see if CPU with RAM boots....maybe you've tried this already...

1.425vcore is very high for a 10 core CPU. That level of voltage is going to generate a lot of heat and potential for electron migration. As much as I hate to say it, I'd put money on the CPU being the source of your "00" q code. Do you have another Haswell-E or Broadwell-E to troubleshoot with?

mindflayer wrote:
1.425vcore is very high for a 10 core CPU. That level of voltage is going to generate a lot of heat and potential for electron migration. As much as I hate to say it, I'd put money on the CPU being the source of your "00" q code. Do you have another Haswell-E or Broadwell-E to troubleshoot with?

its 8 core cpu and I have full cover monoblock on cpu and MB also 140mmx9 radiator so there are no any problem with heat.

My mistake - the 6950x is the 10 core. It was late last night. Even with a nice custom watercooled loop though, that electron migration!

rokko
Level 7
I am having the exact same issue..... Have sent the MB to ASUS already under a warranty RMA. They have sent the MB back saying they had cleaned a pin on the CPU socket, tested and sent it back to me. I had fully rebuilt the PC, probably not the best idea, power on and the same issue. I am leaning towards the CPU at this point but am very confused how this could be. The PC has been nothing but flow less since I had originally built it in 2016.*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
RMA the CPU to Intel...if it's still under warranty....they are fast ...

I had this problem too, it can be either the CPU or the Motherboard, in my case it was both.