Threaded View

ROG Member Array shiney PC Specs
    shiney PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
    Processori7 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair C16 Vngeance LPX 3200 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix nVidia GTX 1070
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0
    CPU CoolerCorsair HP1000i v. 2
    CaseCorsair Carbide 400Q
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    OS Windows 64 Home
    Network RouterNighthawk

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro Compatibility with Maximus Hero IC

Hello: I recently installed an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB into my Maximus Hero IX motherboard, replacing my prior SSD sata bot drive. *At boot I set the bios settings to x4 as instructed at boot for the M.2 drive. *The drive works fine but it benchmarks at below specifications, with a sequential write speed between 3000-3100, while the advertised rating and most online benchmarks are at 3500 or higher. *The lowest I have seen online is about 3250. *Sequential read is closer to spec at about 2800-2900. *these are all measured by CrystalMark at default settings. *I checked compatibility listings for the drive on tje Adata website and the Maximus IX was not listed as compatible .. only Maximus X and XI. *I have a couple of questions. *First, are my benchmark results within normal silicon or quality variation, such that there is no significant problem to be solved. *Second, is there a real compatibility issue with this drive and the Maximus IX and if so is there a software fix or mitigation, or do I just live with it. *Thanks for any advice.*