Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Junior Member Array

Thanks guys for the replies!

My model already has 128 SSD and 1 TB HDD but I feel the SSD size is so small to carry the OS and other apps including my desktop, it's already full and I don't want to delete anything anymore xD.Sso that's why I want to insert a new SSD and move the OS to this new SSD.

How did you know this? He should just test the ssd in his laptop to know for sure. I have an old G752VT and I have tested an SSD in a caddy at the optical bay and it turned up as sata 3. If you connect an optical drive, it will show as sata 1 but if you connect a sata 3 device, it will also show a sata 3 device. I have verified this a long time ago using crystaldiskmark fyi.
    Well that's really interesting because I did run HWinfo and it did say the optical drive is a SATA 1.5
    So maybe I should give it a try too.

basically the Speeds will be half of those here the main drives are
    So you mean even if it turns around to be a SATA III in the optical drive side it would not be as fast as the main SATA III drive in the HDD side?

A standar 2.5 drive is good enogh
    Appreciated man! thank you!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array navis995's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWing-ZERO View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies!

My model already has 128 SSD and 1 TB HDD but I feel the SSD size is so small to carry the OS and other apps including my desktop, it's already full and I don't want to delete anything anymore xD.Sso that's why I want to insert a new SSD and move the OS to this new SSD.

Well that's really interesting because I did run HWinfo and it did say the optical drive is a SATA 1.5
    So maybe I should give it a try too.

So you mean even if it turns around to be a SATA III in the optical drive side it would not be as fast as the main SATA III drive in the HDD side?

Appreciated man! thank you!
    Yeah because main drive uses 6Gbps and caddy only 3gbps. SO if you have speeds greater than 250mb/s it will be useless so putting ssd in there is stupid but putting hdd is fine.
    Asus Rog G750JZ
    Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.0Ghz @ -70mV)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +70Mhz Core, +400Mhz Memory @ 1.000V)
    RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
    Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
    Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2