cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DMark 11 Known issue with Nvidia multi-GPUs configurations

ottoyu34
Level 9
A known issue that happens in configurations with more than one NVIDIA GPU. If you have both 3Dmark Vantage and 3Dmark 11 installed. The SystemInfo software installed with 3dmark11 will overwrite/update and no longer supports 3DmarkVantage. It likely would make 3DmarkVantage to have graphics corruption in game tests or just fails at starting.

So, consider this is a warning if you are running SLI and plan to use both 3dm11 and 3dmVantage.

One of the many threads, regarding this issue:
http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139005

Solutions:
There are a few solutions out there, but I rather not to use system restore or any bypass method. I choose to use 3dmVantage for the meantime until this is fixed.
So this is how I restore my 3DmVantage back to normal:

1) Uninstall both 3dm11 and 3dmVantage from Control Panel.
2) Uninstall Futuremark SystemInfo from Control Panel.
3) Reboot computer.
4) Install 3dmVantage and volia, no more Corrupted benchmark runs!
5 REPLIES 5

V2-V3
Level 8
Thanks for the update, this saved me some unnecessary frustrations 🙂

ottoyu34
Level 9
I wasted good 2-3 hours reinstalling 3dmarkvantage twice and reinstalling my Nvidia drivers. And I end up searching on google, it came up as a common issue with SLI systems.

My ultimate goal of this thread is to warning anyone that is not aware of it yet. Hope it helps.

For those are in the same situation and wants to go back to 3DmVantage for now. I got my solve on the first post.

The_Nemesis
Level 10
There is a work around that will allow vantage work properly after 3DMark 11 is intalled. It even gives add boost to 3DMark 11 score as it causes SLI to scale properly since this too is broken in 3DMark 11. I've tried it but I'm sure it will be fixed in next update. PM me if ya want details.
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

The Nemesis wrote:
There is a work around that will allow vantage work properly after 3DMark 11 is intalled. It even gives add boost to 3DMark 11 score as it causes SLI to scale properly since this too is broken in 3DMark 11. I've tried it but I'm sure it will be fixed in next update. PM me if ya want details.

Yea, I looked at that before. But atm I rather have it restore back to previous state. I also can't stand the 1:1 letterbox benchmark runs they introducted for v1.0.1 update.

ottoyu34 wrote:
I also can't stand the 1:1 letterbox benchmark runs they introducted for v1.0.1 update.

Me either, I've stopped running 3Mark 11 SLI all together until it's fixed. Very disappointing:(
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray