cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73sw problems while gaming

Irvin
Level 7
Whats up guys, new here to the forums and was looking for some help on my notebook. I have been having some problems with my notebook lately a few months ago something happened to my computer and I had to system restore. After that I windows updated everything and after restating the screen would not go past the login screen and would get stuck there later. I managed to system restore and not windows update everything at once and do so a few at a time which seemed to work. After that when I closed my notebook and opened it back up a few hours later it would already be turned on and i had a "windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown message". Not only that but when playing games my screen turns off completely and stays off for a few minutes and only happens when playing games. The screen kind of flashes and has lines everywhere then shuts off then turns back on.
7 REPLIES 7

Irvin
Level 7
Thanks I will wait for that.

Just tried playing some games and when its running at working harder while playing games if I move my notebook the screen gets all fuzzy and flickering. This does not happen when im using it normally.

I just accidently dropped my phone on the front of the notebook while the screen went out and it popped back up

bump for help please

Irvin wrote:
Just tried playing some games and when its running at working harder while playing games if I move my notebook the screen gets all fuzzy and flickering. This does not happen when im using it normally.

Irvin wrote:
I just accidently dropped my phone on the front of the notebook while the screen went out and it popped back up

Hi @Irvin - When I see symptoms like this, they usually indicate a hardware problem such as a poor LVDS cable connect or faulty cable.

1) Do the video issues you report also appear on an external monitor or LCD TV connected to your laptop via HDMI or VGA port?

2) What are your GPU and CPU temperatures when these issues occur? You can use SpeedFan or HWINFO64 in logging mode to record temperatures up to the point of failure.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Yeah i found the exact spot so that when it does happen i literally just tap it in the front near the trackpad and it pops back up. ut ill get those temperatures checked out.

dstrakele
Level 14
Here is another thread where users report a similar issue: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11049-G53-Screen-Problem

Unfortunately, when you manipulate the laptop to get video to reappear, it is usually indicative of a hardware issue that requires repair.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT