cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios won't see Sata Drives ( not detected )

AGeek
Level 8
UPDATED... OMG I have never seen such horrible support for a top tier flagship product anywhere. This is my First ASUS product and if this isn't solved soon it will be returned and it will be my last.
This is a BASIC issue. Even the online chat support sent me instruction for the bios settings THAT DON'T EXIST in this MOBOS BIOS!

ROG Crosshair 8 Hero WIFI

I have a 1tb M.2 in the top slot for the C drive and I put 3 sata drives in the Hot swap bays. These drives were used in the machine I am replacing for archive of music and videos/software ect. they were also in that machines hotswap bay. Connected the power and sata and nothing shows up either in Windows or The Bios. I can't find anything about it on the net so I came here.
Take them out and attach them via USB and they show up just fine. Is this thing DOA????
3 REPLIES 3

2pfspiff
Level 7
Did you use the EZ Tuning wizard in the Bios to overclock the board? Reset the Bios and startup hitting F2 to see if the SSD's are present. I had the same issue and it turned out to be something with the EZ tuning Wizard kicking out the SSD.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116321-SSD-lost-in-Bios-after-using-EZ-Tune-Wizard

Got the exact same problem on a Crosshair Impact motherboard.
Couldn't find my new sata drive in bios. Loaded default bios values (without EZ tuning) and the drive was magically there.

I'm having the same problem, did you ever figure it out? Mine magically comes back after loading default values too