cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-370 E Ethernet Internet not working while WiFi does.

michaelcawood
Level 7
I have a year and a half old Z-370 E motherboard that a few months ago stopped allowing the internet to work over Ethernet/LAN. Data can still travel over Ethernet but no internet. I have to use Wifi as my primary connection, but it's not as reliable or fast particularly during uploads, and for work that's a problem.

It's not the router as other wired devices are working fine and I've swapped Ethernet ports and cables. After narrowing it down to the PC I went through troubleshooting help with Microsoft and after checking a lot of things, they concluded I'd have to re-install Windows... drastic! And not something you want to do in the middle of a project. But I did it on a new Hard drive, a complete clean install and the internet still didn't work over Ethernet. So I'm left to assume it's a motherboard issue. Have you heard of this happening? Could it be a setting in the BIOS?
5 REPLIES 5

michaelcawood
Level 7
Still no leads here... does anyone have any suggestions. It seems like I'm not the only one as there's another post about a similar issue on wifi.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?115833-Z390E-Wireless-connection-quot-no-internet-quot-on-...

Does anyone have an suggestions at all?

z390 here and was working fine and all of a sudden poof only wifi now. Were all in the same boat and as usual no help at all from asus. :mad:

Bahnoo wrote:
z390 here and was working fine and all of a sudden poof only wifi now. Were all in the same boat and as usual no help at all from asus. :mad:

If it's still under warranty, RMA it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I only just saw them. I'd given up on hearing back on this topic. But as an update...

I tried reseting the motherboard bios to see if that helped, and it didn't. So I bought a PCU-E Lan Network card and it worked immediately.

As a side note I just want to point out that I had already given up on the Blu-Tooth feature almost immediately as that kept losing it's connection with my keyboard. So I have a USB blu-tooth dongle for that. It looks like the built in connection features just aren't very reliable.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to replace the motherboard... that's a big job! So these add-ons will have to do. Thanks for the responses though. Hopefully this helps others with similar issues.