cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Service gives random BSOD's

CusmaR
Level 7
EDIT: Since this fix is going to take forever I decided to refund min Kingston drive and get another brand, now the problem is gone.

So I recently got a new computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS B550-F Gaming
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 (16-19-19-39)
GFX: Asus Rog Strix RTX 2060
HDD: Kingston A2000 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM750x

And after I installed everything I started to get random BSOD's. I looked into the log of windows and found two entries that were repeating:

1. An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk6\DR6 during a paging operation. - Source: disk
2. Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. - Source: stornvme

I searched high and low what could be wrong with my new harddrive, checked crystal disk info, did a windows check, checked integrity of my windows install, nothing was wrong. I continued to test my ram sticks for several hours, nothing wrong there either.
I proceeded to update all my drivers through Armoury Crate and it didn't fix my problem.

Spent hours on google until I found someone who had the same problem, he had uninstalled Aura Service since he found out that Gigabyte RGB Fusion gave the same error on their motherboards. So I tried this and the problems went away, no more entries in windows log, and no more BSOD's.

I now proceeded to check for updates, I found out that Armoury Crate was far behind so I installed the latest BIOS from Asus homepage, and from AMD the latest chipset drivers. (My GFX always had the latest drivers), checked for updates on my harddrive but there were none.

Then I reinstalled Armoury Crate and the Aura Service and it didn't take long for the two log entries to come back to haunt me... I then downloaded the lightning control version 1.07.79, removed the Aura Service and installed the older service from folder Lighting_Control_1.07.79\LightingService\, but this still gave me the problems...

What do I do now?
I have all this RGB and my computer just sits there all black... Is there any 3rd party program I could use to manage my RGB's?
1 REPLY 1

EnorymDIV
Level 7
CusmaR wrote:
EDIT: Since this fix is going to take forever I decided to refund min Kingston drive and get another brand, now the problem is gone.

So I recently got a new computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS B550-F Gaming
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 (16-19-19-39)
GFX: Asus Rog Strix RTX 2060
HDD: Kingston A2000 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM750x

And after I installed everything I started to get random BSOD's. I looked into the log of windows and found two entries that were repeating:

1. An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk6\DR6 during a paging operation. - Source: disk
2. Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. - Source: stornvme

I searched high and low what could be wrong with my new harddrive, checked crystal disk info, did a windows check, checked integrity of my windows install, nothing was wrong. I continued to test my ram sticks for several hours, nothing wrong there either.
I proceeded to update all my drivers through Armoury Crate and it didn't fix my problem.

Spent hours on google until I found someone who had the same problem, he had uninstalled Aura Service since he found out that Gigabyte RGB Fusion gave the same error on their motherboards. So I tried this and the problems went away, no more entries in windows log, and no more BSOD's.

I now proceeded to check for updates, I found out that Armoury Crate was far behind so I installed the latest BIOS from Asus homepage, and from AMD the latest chipset drivers. (My GFX always had the latest drivers), checked for updates on my harddrive but there were none.

Then I reinstalled Armoury Crate and the Aura Service and it didn't take long for the two log entries to come back to haunt me... I then downloaded the lightning control version 1.07.79, removed the Aura Service and installed the older service from folder Lighting_Control_1.07.79\LightingService\, but this still gave me the problems...

What do I do now?
I have all this RGB and my computer just sits there all black... Is there any 3rd party program I could use to manage my RGB's?

Hello. I've searched high and low for my problems with my SA2000 kingston nvme drive and sporadic bsods and event-51 on every startup. Did you even find a solution to this appart from disabling lighting service ?