cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL552VW - Intel HD graphics 530 driver issue

Mc234
Level 7
I have an ASUS ROG GL552VW.

The latest Intel HD Graphics 530 driver available for my laptop on the ASUS site is:

04/05/2016

If I install a later version, I get screen flicker on my secondary monitor. However, I need the

23/08/2018

driver installed as this is the earliest driver version that is stable with Adobe CC. I do video editing and need the larger secondary monitor to work effectively. But I am having to work with the screen blanking out intermittently every few minutes which is extremely frustrating.

I have been troubleshooting for months - different monitors, cables, connection ports etc - it is definitely the driver that causes this. Is there a way to get a more updated OEM driver for my graphics card?

At the moment I'm having to install the generic driver whilst I edit and then roll-back to the 2016 version when I play games etc.
4 REPLIES 4

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You can try the latest Intel iGPU drivers for your CPU directly from Intel (Intel iGPU drivers are now unlocked for all OEM) :

- Intel iGPU Drivers (DCH) :

retryer
Level 7
You can try the following steps:

# prepare everything required to complete the procedure in offline mode
- Download latest Win10 DHC Intel driver // https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88967/intel-core-i7-6700hq-processor-6m-cache-u...
- Download latest NVIDIA driver for your card model from the official site
- Download the latest version of DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) // search google
- Extract DDU contents to some accessible location ( C: or Desktop )

# go in offline mode
- Disable automatic re-connect to your home WiFi (for best results, turn-off the router itself to ensure no internet from this step until the end)

# uninstall old/current drivers
- (Re)Boot in Safe-Mode
- Run DDU as Admin
- Tick the setting to 'disable automatic windows drivers update'
- Uninstall NVIDIA driver (choose the option to do it without reboot)
- Uninstall Intel driver (choose the option to reboot after uninstall complete)
- Now the PC should boot normally, without drivers and without a way to automatically download (remember to turn-off the house-router, not the machine wifi-antena)

# perform clean install of the drivers in the given order
- Right-click on the Intel installer -> Run-as-Admin -> Reboot after install is complete
(again DO NOT GRANT INTERNET ACCESS UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE DONE)
- Right-click on the NVIDIA installer -> Run-as-Admin -> Express install (tick the option to make 'clean install') -> Reboot after install is complete

# all done, your problem should be now gone 🙂
You can turn-on the router and grant internet access to the PC.

retryer wrote:
You can try the following steps:

# prepare everything required to complete the procedure in offline mode
- Download latest Win10 DHC Intel driver // https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88967/intel-core-i7-6700hq-processor-6m-cache-u...
- Download latest NVIDIA driver for your card model from the official site
- Download the latest version of DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) // search google
- Extract DDU contents to some accessible location ( C: or Desktop )

# go in offline mode
- Disable automatic re-connect to your home WiFi (for best results, turn-off the router itself to ensure no internet from this step until the end)

# uninstall old/current drivers
- (Re)Boot in Safe-Mode
- Run DDU as Admin
- Tick the setting to 'disable automatic windows drivers update'
- Uninstall NVIDIA driver (choose the option to do it without reboot)
- Uninstall Intel driver (choose the option to reboot after uninstall complete)
- Now the PC should boot normally, without drivers and without a way to automatically download (remember to turn-off the house-router, not the machine wifi-antena)

# perform clean install of the drivers in the given order
- Right-click on the Intel installer -> Run-as-Admin -> Reboot after install is complete
(again DO NOT GRANT INTERNET ACCESS UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE DONE)
- Right-click on the NVIDIA installer -> Run-as-Admin -> Express install (tick the option to make 'clean install') -> Reboot after install is complete

# all done, your problem should be now gone 🙂
You can turn-on the router and grant internet access to the PC.

I have the same problem.

I have done all the steps and there is still flickering on the secondary screens.

I need to fix it to work with Davinci Resolve 18 video editor. It asks for the latest Intel drivers to work properly and the ASUS ROG GL552VW version is only up to 2016.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Triton_se
Level 8
Can it be heat related? I have this laptop also and needed to replace thermal paste on CPU & GPU last year coz of high temperatures, maybe the flickering is caused by thermal throttling?