cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG backpack, mouse, etc. bundle - how to get (not where)

Redking117
Level 7
Just got my ASUS G73SW-XT1 in the mail, and realized it did not come with the backpack and mouse like my G50V did

I was looking all over on amazon, newegg, and tigerdirect and could not find anything that notes this....

Then I found a forum saying the A1 series come with the bundle... but still didn't see anything on the item descriptions.. then I noticed in the review people were commenting on how glad they were it came with the backpack and mouse... On the A1 that is...

I got my ASUS G73SW-XT1 As an openbox item for $1080 (1100 with shipping)

I would have paid the extra $200 if I had known the difference wasnt JUST in hard drive space compared to the A1, but also came with a backpack and mouse AND was not open box.
6 REPLIES 6

Nirneath
Level 7
I think the backpack and mouse comes with the more expensive models.

Open box... Return policy?

HavokD
Level 9
Models starting with X will not come with Backpacks. As a rule, if the model starts with an A, it sure comes with everything

HavokD wrote:
Models starting with X will not come with Backpacks. As a rule, if the model starts with an A, it sure comes with everything

Hmmm ok

Just got mine in the mail and love it, couldn't stand to wait for it all over again....

I spent $1100 where the G73SWX1 for 1100 where the G73SWA1 is 1300 and comes with an extra 500GB hard drive

How much more do you think i'd have to spend to get everything included in the A1 series?

If it would cost more than 200 for everything seems like i might as well return this and buy the A1

What all does it come with? A mouse and backpack and thats it or other stuff?

seems like if it was $100 for the HDD $50 for the backpack and $50 for the mouse that'd be enough...

Let me know!

EDIT: Wowzers looks like my xt1 didnt even come with the seagate momentus hybrid drive!!!

Most likely going to call tiger direct tomorrow to discuss my options. do NOT want to have to wait another few weeks for another laptop. lol

Still would like your input at $1300 seems like it'd be an easy switch to 1399 for the G74 with the 560m being the only upgrade. one reason i didnt go with g74 in the first place was because of the lack of a subwoofer (or so i heard)

let me know, guys

I don't know guys...

I feel like I was obviously ripped off getting an open box XT1 for 1100 when the brand new A1 with dual hybrid drives and the backpack and mouse was $200 more. just for the drives alone i would be spending that much

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7171667&CatId=4938

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152308

These are both the same price but the MSI has more ram, better video card, better processor

Up in the air right now, seems like Asus is right about to come out with the G75 series and the prices and availability of the 73 and 74 is sketchy.

the laptop also has the crackling speaker defect im sure you are all aware of

Returning now

Going to see how things go with the 680 being out and the G75 hopefully coming out soon before I decide to order another one.

Damn what a waste of time, effort, and such anticipation for it to arrive.