cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpad Issue

zsld0423
Level 9
Every now and then, I get this error message that pops up. I have the Sentelic Touchpad, and I've been using the 9.3.1.5 Driver that's been recommended. I even tried the 9.1.7.7 Driver and I still get this issue every now and then. It's really annoying, but all I have to do to fix it for a while is to re-install the driver and reboot. Anyone else had this issue?

Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate
7 REPLIES 7

BrodyBoy
Level 10
zsld0423 wrote:
Every now and then, I get this error message that pops up. I have the Sentelic Touchpad, and I've been using the 9.3.1.5 Driver that's been recommended. I even tried the 9.1.7.7 Driver and I still get this issue every now and then. It's really annoying, but all I have to do to fix it for a while is to re-install the driver and reboot. Anyone else had this issue?

Are you positive that you have a Sentelic touchpad? Did you check the hardware ID before you ever changed the OEM driver?

zsld0423
Level 9
Yep it's Sentelic, hardware IDs are

ACPI\STLC141
*STLC141

Other than randomly giving me that error, it works fine for a while, until that lol
Sager NP9370
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

BrodyBoy
Level 10
But did you check those IDs before you ever made any changes to the driver? There have been a few instances of device IDs getting screwed up by attempts to install incorrect drivers. (Usually, though, it's the Synaptics driver to blame for that.....)

In any event, you should try to completely uninstall the existing Sentelic driver(s)....even using some sort of driver clean-up program to clear out all traces. Once you are satisfied that the Sentelic has been banished and the TP is only using the MS driver, go ahead and install the Sentelic driver of your choice (assuming you are sure it's a Sentelic TP).

You may also want to do a repair install of your ATK Package after re-installing the TP driver.

zsld0423
Level 9
I'll try that, the only problem is that it's really inconsistent on when it fails 😞 so it could work for the next month and then happen again, or it could do it tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure it's that, I wrote down what I needed before I wiped it, but I can't find where that list went now >.< But I know that when I tried to install the Synaptics drivers, it gave me errors and wouldn't install... soooo.. lol
Sager NP9370
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

zsld0423
Level 9
Happened again today after doing everything you suggested 😞
Sager NP9370
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

clinthill98
Level 8
sry big bump the only thread I found on this

this is really really STRANGE and im 90% sure its hardware related.. Fresh installed windows after i started getting this message.. yes its real inconsistent also every 3 or 5 boots. I'm guessings it's a memory issue. It seems to happen when the touchpad drivers are loaded into memorybut I have completely fresh installed windows with all new drivers including the touchpad one from ASUS and still get this message. I've never got this before this. This is now a recurring issue for me since 4-28-2013...

Tests and Configs:
-Tested all RAM sticks and sockets. (Still fails)
-Two new Drives (SSD, and HD)
I had a HD about half a year ago begin to fail and replaced it a month ago.. BUT since that month till now I have not had any problems? Meaning I fixed the failed drive.. im curious did you have any of the similar issues? I cant seem to tie it being to this... cause before when i had the failed drive still it will turn off randomly and those issues seem to be fixed. I'd like to know your history of problems though. thanks 🙂

Does anyone have any suggestions for benchmarking to detemrine if my system if suffering from performance issues of some sort?
G74SX-AH71
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Display: 17.3-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
Processor: i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.1 GHz)
Memory: 16GB DDR3

I love it :cool:

Here is the permant fix for people that never use there touchpad like me.. Well since u will find out if u have this problem just uninstalling the drivers doesnt work because the touchpad will remain on. We must install a DUMMY DRIVER for it. HERE IT IS. THANKS TOM U DA BEST MAN. and please if anyone has any information on this please share ur experience or frustration. The error message is The Driver isn't suitable for use, Please remove it and update new one.(ID0x00)

LINK ===> http://techbrannock.blogspot.com/2012/03/workaround-for-finger-sensing-pad-on.html
G74SX-AH71
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Display: 17.3-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
Processor: i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.1 GHz)
Memory: 16GB DDR3

I love it :cool: